NFL Color Rush jerseys

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'd be pissed off if I couldn't watch the Cowboys because of a stupid jersey color. Did they take it personally, or were they just pissed off at the NFL for being stupid and making it impossible for a lot of people to watch the game? I hate PC nonsense, but this is a legitimate gripe IMO.

Did you ever hear of Black and White TV? They could still watch the game but both teams looked similar.

The players didn't disappear onto a green screen.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Did you ever hear of Black and White TV? They could still watch the game but both teams looked similar.

The players didn't disappear onto a green screen.

If it's anything like the video earlier in the thread, then it would be unwatchable, and not like black and white. Sure they could see the players but it would just be a jumbled mess with everyone looking like they were on the same team.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If it's anything like the video earlier in the thread, then it would be unwatchable, and not like black and white. Sure they could see the players but it would just be a jumbled mess with everyone looking like they were on the same team.

Maybe if you never watched football before in your life. Pretty easy to see what is going on.

#firstworldproblems

CalCBFan

Reaction score
Notice it's all the old posters that have been stuck in their ways for 50 years (and fear change) that don't want to see something a little different for once. :muttley:

You mean all those old ways of winning SBs? I don't mind seeing them for once, but this is suppos ed to be the Dallas Cowboys, not some college team. Dallas has the classiest uni in the NFL and has for years; the 55 years they've been in business as a matter of fact. The Bills and Jets looked like a "living Christmas tree" Thursday night, not to mention like watching some college game...

Junglist

Reaction score
You mean all those old ways of winning SBs? I don't mind seeing them for once, but this is suppos ed to be the Dallas Cowboys, not some college team. Dallas has the classiest uni in the NFL and has for years; the 55 years they've been in business as a matter of fact. The Bills and Jets looked like a "living Christmas tree" Thursday night, not to mention like watching some college game...

What does winning super bowls have to do with wearing an alternate jersey once a season? I'll answer that for you; nothing.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
its funny that they choose those two teams with those two colors to start their color rush theme. In color theory pure red and green are on the same value range but yet are complimentary colors, meaning none are brighter or lighter than each other. In art its somewhat a challenge to use because of this. For example in the complimentary colors of purple and yellow, yellow is brighter and purple is darker. With red and green not so simple. Interesting that these are colors that color blind folks have issues with.

It's also odd that I was able to decipher the difference in those two colors (red and green) by gazing untently at them and was able to identify that they were truly two separate colors, identifiable as what they actually were. Red/green colorblindness is, in fact, the most common type. Oddly enough, women aren't afflicted with this deficiency, except upon extremely rare occasions but the gene for it is passed on to males born by these same women, who are not afflicted themselves. I've always thought it to be pretty peculiar how it happens that way.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Maybe if you never watched football before in your life. Pretty easy to see what is going on.

#firstworldproblems

Did you watch the video?

Of course it's a first world problem. It's just football. It's still stupid by the NFL to potentially alienate a portion of their customer base and harm their product. Just very poorly thought out.