1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

NFL.com 2017 redraft

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by playmakers, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,922 Messages
    25,127 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

2. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,102 Messages
    70,462 Likes Received
    Do I get an honest answer? Or more diversion?

Feel free to show me some stats that prove me wrong here. I'd be happy to look at them.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,922 Messages
    25,127 Likes Received
    Cmon, that was OK.

Rush has three regular season pass attempts in this career, his awesome preseason as a rookie was against third stringers who never played in the NFL.
    Woods was mostly playing in the slot with way fewer responsibilities than he has a starter.
    LVE got hurt. Grade of incomplete.

I get where you are going but that is one no grade, one so-so and one incomplete. Collins I agree and Awuzie I'll give you. Lewis I can see both sides, I'll spot you that one. Pretty normal for drafted players IMO.

4. stasheroo

63,102 Messages
    70,462 Likes Received
    I'd just appreciate a straight answer more.

When has he looked his best? I'll let you answer that. It's funny that people will point to that rookie year when defending him, but now it doesn't count?

Fewer responsibilities? He was playing more positions then.

And he was playing worse BEFORE he got hurt. You know that, I know that, we all know that. If you need assurances, ask around.

Again, be fair. Compare Rush's preseason stats in his rookie year to his preseason stats afterwards. Can't get fairer than that. You tell me what they show.

And we can certainly judge LVE for the games he DID play. They were certainly not up to the prior year's standards. Neither were Jaylon's for that matter. If your not sure, ask around. Create a poll about that.

There's a clear pattern. For those I listed, and some others I didn't. Few young players improved under the Jason Garrett regime. Accept it.

5. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

2,917 Messages
    2,844 Likes Received
    Jerry playing with his toy.

He thought he had his perfect hand picked Tom Landry puppet in place.

Wasted a full decade while the rest of the league completely passed Dallas by. They actually had the players to accomplish something, but you may never see a staff do less with more for that long ever again.

stasheroo likes this.
  6. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,922 Messages
    25,127 Likes Received
    Playing slot in the nickel is fewer reads than starting as a safety. He took reps at other positions but that is different than a starting assignment, especially in the nickel and dime.

Rush's later preseasons were against starting NFL players, not the 3rd and 4th stringers he was in the first.

LVE was playing worse. But a lot of that was opponents had figured out the Dallas scheme and he was taking on more OL and being forced into bad angles. I'll concede the point if you want, but that is a long cab ride away from the overall point you started on with your list.

7. stasheroo

63,102 Messages
    70,462 Likes Received
    :hammer:

Preach brother! Preach!

8. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

2,917 Messages
    2,844 Likes Received
    When a person sounds exactly the same no matter what they are saying, you tune them out before all that long.

The Jerry undermining effect to the fullest of extents didnt help either.

9. stasheroo

63,102 Messages
    70,462 Likes Received
    Is it? Is playing multiple positions somehow 'less of a responsibility' than playing one?

Link?

Not so far it isn't. You keep conceding one point after another. Or coming up with unprovable excuses for the rest.

Again, show me a stat that says I'm wrong and I'll gladly concede that point to you.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,922 Messages
    25,127 Likes Received
    978 snaps as a starter last year compared to 549 in substitute packages as a rookie.

Rush's information is there, go to the box scores if you want.

11. stasheroo

63,102 Messages
    70,462 Likes Received
    And that's somehow indicative of being better? You need to do better yourself.

If you feel compelled to make excuses, as you do, make 'em good ones.

I have. That's why I accurately said what I said. Post the numbers so the class can see them. They show exactly what I have said they would.

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,922 Messages
    25,127 Likes Received
    Here you go:

2017 as a rookie Rush is third string behind Dak and Kellen Moore -

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/boxscore/NFL_20170819_IND@DAL/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/boxscore/NFL_20170826_OAK@DAL/

In 2019 he is second string but taking by far the most reps because they are holding Dak out and Mike White sucks. So he is facing the first string, while he went against third and 4th stringers in 2017 -

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/boxscore/NFL_20190824_HOU@DAL/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/boxscore/NFL_20190817_DAL@LAR/

13. stasheroo

63,102 Messages
    70,462 Likes Received

And here’s the 2018 preseason stats that you clearly omitted:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/cooper-rush-player-stats?seasonType=3

Had enough yet?

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,922 Messages
    25,127 Likes Received
    2018 proves my point, not yours. Rush was 2nd string in 2018 and not facing the 3rd and 4th stringers like the year before.

This is the same weeks box scores for 2018, Rush took all the starter reps in the third game while Dak sat out -

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/boxscore?id=8645

https://www.azcardinals.com/game-day/2018/pre/cardinals-at-cowboys/box-score

15. stasheroo

63,102 Messages
    70,462 Likes Received
    Dude. Nobody aside from you cares. Lame excuses abound. And if the Cowboys listed Cooper Rush as their backup quarterback, he should have been expected to perform against better competition. That's how the depth chart thing works. But you try to use it as yet another sad excuse for exactly what I pointed out. A pleyar's performance getting worse the longer they've been here. Deal with the facts and the stats.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,922 Messages
    25,127 Likes Received
    Exactly, no one else bothers to clear up your misconceptions over three pages of a three. But I'm willing to do it, I'm here for you big guy!

[​IMG]

17. stasheroo

63,102 Messages
    70,462 Likes Received
    And doing a piss poor job of things as usual. Raise your excuse game.