NFL.com: Cowboys to wear navy at home more

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Finally. Time to usher in a new era. We haven't won a damn thing wearing whites for 25 years. Switch it up. Youth movement!!
the entire white jersey w/blue stripes i know some people love cause it's iconic and looks "old school" and i appreciate that - i just like some of the thanksgiving jerseys more and find the white w/greensilver pants plain.

HanD

Reaction score
Thankfully, I'm not quite that old yet. I think it's great.

We don't even play outdoors anymore, and I've seen the Giants wear blue in Dallas a hundred times. Let's see them wear white.

good point. i'm a bit of a traditionalist white guy but love the look of the navy jerseys. maybe play our divisional opponents at home in navy and the non divisional opponents in white so we can still see color uniforms on teams that we only see every several years.....

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Wear the Blue ones at home on Thanksgiving otherwise stick with the White

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
This is like getting an early Christmas present. The current blue jersey uniform is the best looking uniform in sports. It may not be a "classic" like the whites but it's the most aesthetically pleasing. And would you look at that, the pants even match the helmet while maintaining a sheen still unique to the Cowboys.
I'd argue that the blue would be even more of a classic than the white if we would wear it more often. It's that good looking.
If the players prefer them as the article suggests that's even more of a reason to wear them. Look good, play good.
This, literally, should be the only consideration.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
the entire white jersey w/blue stripes i know some people love cause it's iconic and looks "old school" and i appreciate that - i just like some of the thanksgiving jerseys more and find the white w/greensilver pants plain.

I think the Thanksgiving uniforms we wore through most of the early 2000s would do really well as a straight up default uniform.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jethro selling out our tradition again.

He might be a greater jinx than our jerseys.

Booooooooooooooooooo

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'd go for changing the color of our pants to navy blue to match the numbers on our white jerseys. That would look awesome .

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
I like the Navy but I enjoy the tradition too. I'm surprised Jerry hasn't tried to use several variations and be the Oregon of the NFL. Navy, Royal, White, Black. I'm shocked it hasn't happened.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I like the Navy but I enjoy the tradition too. I'm surprised Jerry hasn't tried to use several variations and be the Oregon of the NFL. Navy, Royal, White, Black. I'm shocked it hasn't happened.
If there were legit money in it, he would probably do it.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
I'd like to see the old royal blue color flip of the white with gray pants for throwback unis. And the blue star with the plain white border. So they can do throwback and use basically the same helmet.