NFL.com: Cowboys to wear navy at home more

hutch1254

Reaction score
Hate everything about it. It's like removing the pinstripes off the Yankee uniforms doing a stunt like this.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
These should be the new home uniforms...permanently!

rsz_1rsz_dal_cowboys-redskins_01.jpg

Eddie

Reaction score
Yes, I prefer the dark blue uni's. It gives the team attitude.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Got a theory due to the fact of 2 reasons.

The first is that when Dallas played Carolina on Thanksgiving, the radio commentators were saying that when they were on the field, it looked like Carolina's colors were very bright on the field (due to the rush colors). As the game went along, they were saying that possibly their offense were doing well in the first half because it was easier for Newton to see clearly where the players were due to the darkness of the stadium and the bright jerseys. Also, they said that Carolina's running game was working well because it was easier for blockers to see white (sounded like an excuse but you never know)

The second is week 1 game last year with the sun being a factor in the 2nd half. With Dak passing, I wonder if sometimes the receivers couldn't see him throwing the ball as he was trying to get the ball out quickly. Yes, Romo played under the sun too, but Romo moved a lot, held on to the ball for long periods of time, and he threw the ball a lot further in the 2nd half when the sun became a factor.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
If they think they can sell an extra 100 jerseys by playing a few games at home wearing them,you know they will.

Toro9

Reaction score
Every Cowboys Jersey I've ever had was navy, with the exception of a Sean Lee throwback. They're just better-looking.

TexasBacon

Reaction score

fgoodwin

Reaction score
This is cool: Apparently when we play the Giants in NY this season they will be wearing their color rush uni's from last year (which as much as I hate the Giants, those uni's were awesome) and we will be wearing our blue jersey uniform. That should be a unique looking game, I don't know when the last time was we wore navy against the Giants was.
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017/06/giants_will_wear_white_color_rush_jerseys_vs_cowbo.html
I'm an old timer who loves the blue Cowboy jerseys!