NFL Combine Thread

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wow. I thought he was 6-0. He's a hell of a player but he'll never be a Cowboy.
Wouldn't say that, off ball LB is a need and he would still be a hell of a blitzer even of he can't play tradional edge.

I could see him being a round 2 target

VACowboy

Reaction score
Wouldn't say that, off ball LB is a need and he would still be a hell of a blitzer even of he can't play tradional edge.

I could see him being a round 2 target
Unfortunately he doesn't fit their metrics.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Micah was drafted to play both positions. They stressed it at the press conference that night. He was their #1 pressure player.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'm actually shocked by Lukas Van Ness too.

So far, I don't really have any contrarian takes with the draft-industrial complex this year. In my head, I'm grading about what they are grading. Van Ness was the one where I felt like the entire internet was gaslighting me... draft media is saying top 20 pick, and I'm looking at the film thinking he's a 3rd round rotational end.

But a 4.64 40 at 6'5" 270... that makes me take a step back. I didn't think he'd be that caliber of athlete.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They're similar in size, rush the passer and play the run well, that's all. Like I said, I'd take Smith at 26. But Pace is a monster and I think underrated, and I have no idea how he'll test but... 136 tackles, 20 TFL, 9 sacks. He had, like, 53 pressures or something, and the guy is relentless. He plays HARD.

Micah was an off-ball LB too. Quinn knows how to use those guys.

Smith just ran 4.44, btw.
Ivan Pace 5-10-1/2"

Nolan Smith 6'2"

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Von Miller:

6'3" 246
4.42 40 time
37" vert
10' 6" broad
6.70 3 cone

Nolan Smith:

6'2" 238
4.44 40 time
41" vert
10' 8" broad
??? 3 cone

We are legitimately looking at a Von Miller caliber speed rusher here.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If Nolan Smith is as good as people claim (I don't agree).....why would he be at 26 with those measurables?