News: NFL: Could Cowboys' Super Bowl window be closing?

Bagman

Reaction score
Get the trenches back to dominating , both OL and DL at the same time , we can cross the hurdle.

Look at some of the recent play off losses ( Div round) , Romo was hounded by Minny DL lead by Jared Allen, we got run over by Rams (200 plus yards ) ,SF gave us a beating in the last 2 years before, andlast year , GB did the same and Jones ran all over us.

We need a physical team who will battle and not take a beating . Playoffs are all about that. Even Vaunted KC offense lead by superb Mahomes could not over come playoff hurdle, until they got a good D , with players like Chris jones.
Exactly this. Its still all about blocking and tackling. If you're really good at those 2 things, you're really good.

Motorola

Reaction score
XRiwN5o.png
Looney Tunes -- fun watching as a kid...still fun to watch as a grownup.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Some key quotes from the article:
  • “Since 1996, Dallas is 0-7 in the Divisional Round, worst in the NFL in that span, according to NFL Research.”
  • ”During the aforementioned Lombardi-filled run of 1992-1995, the Cowboys were 10-1 in the playoffs overall.“
  • Dating back again to 1996, the Cowboys are 5-13 in the playoffs overall. No other club has double-digit playoff losses with five or fewer wins in that span, per NFL Research.”
Our players and coaches have taken a lot of heat from our fan base over the last 3 decades. And a lot of it they do bear some responsibility. Romo, Dak, and many others have certainly failed at the most important times.

But the most fire should be aimed at Jerry and son. They have made every hire, every draft pick, every trade, managed and mis-managed the salary cap, and have the absolute and final say about what happens with this team.

One sad reason so much heat is aimed at the players and coaches by some fans is because the guys at the top refuse to be accountable for their failures. Its mind numbing.
Well done !!

It is amazing some fans refuse to hold our owners accountable simply cause they aren’t replaceable.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It was never open with Jerry large and in charge.
Yep.

This is basically what I was going to say. I don’t think the window has really been that open for this team in recent years.

We’ve basically been the 4th or 5th best team in NFC. But yet some fans have higher expectations.

Yea, we were 2nd seed last year but only cause Egirls collapsed down the stretch and Dumb Dan gave away another game for Lions.

Cowboys continue to be over hyped year after year.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looney Tunes -- fun watching as a kid...still fun to watch as a grownup.
Trivia time. Animaniacs' creator mimicked the zaniness of the Looney Tunes for his many characters. Many antics are almost the same as the Tunes, minus some of the violence, haha. Guess that is why I laughed at them so much in my 30's, especially the mini-shows like Pinky and The Brain. :D

Little did I know at the time those two would actually come to life and take over the Dallas Cowboys' front office. :( narf!

Motorola

Reaction score
Well done !!

It is amazing some fans refuse to hold our owners accountable simply cause they aren't replaceble.
Diehardblues- Jones & Jones are replaceable; the two just don't want to accept \ admit \ believe \ consider --- and therefore decide
--- there are experienced and qualified people that can do it better than them.
The Jones duo can't put aside their egos to hire outside individuals to run the franchise football operations --- and see them succeed when they haven't.

Motorola

Reaction score
Trivia time. Animaniacs' creator mimicked the zaniness of the Looney Tunes for his many characters. Many antics are almost the same as the Tunes, minus some of the violence, haha. Guess that is why I laughed at them so much in my 30's, especially the mini-shows like Pinky and The Brain. :D

Little did I know at the time those two would actually come to life and take over the Dallas Cowboys' front office. :( narf!
LOL
But the cartoon characters I assign to the two are -
Foghorn Leghorn = Jerry
Elmer Fudd = Stephen

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We’re coming off three straight 12 win seasons so our Super Bowl window may have slammed shut. We lost a number of players and did virtually nothing in free agency. Our roster clearly isn’t as good as it was the previous seasons.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL
But the cartoon characters I assign to the two are -
Foghorn Leghorn = Jerry
Elmer Fudd = Stephen
That is a good pairing. I have never thought how I would characterize either of them as Looney Tunes. It made me think. The Roadrunner song popped into my head thinking of Jerry Jones:

Road Runner, the coyote's after you,
Road Runner, if he catches you you're through!

That coyote is really a crazy clown!
When will he learn that he never can mow him down?
Poor little Road Runner never bothers anyone,

Just running down the road's his idea of having fun!

You may can make sense of my insanity if you substitute 'road runner' for 'Lombardi trophy', lol.

Tasmanian Devil would be my choice for Stephen Jones. No one really knew what to make of Taz. He would constantly run around aimlessly, getting into stuff he should not have gotten into, and would occasionally stop JUST for a few moments--long enough to appear lucid. Then he would turn back into a mini-tornado of idiocy.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
NFL record longest divisional round losing streak: 0-7

NFL record for most 13-3 one seed seasons that ended in one and done: 2

NFL record for most trips to the playoffs without making it to a conference title game: 13

NFL record for most consecutive 12+ win seasons without making it to a conference title game: 3

That is the resume of a choker franchise. As Norm Hitzges once said, "Wallow in it, Jerry!"

Motorola

Reaction score
NFL record longest divisional round losing streak: 0-7

NFL record for most 13-3 one seed seasons that ended in one and done: 2

NFL record for most trips to the playoffs without making it to a conference title game: 13

NFL record for most consecutive 12+ win seasons without making it to a conference title game: 3

That is the resume of a choker franchise. As Norm Hitzges once said, "Wallow in it, Jerry!"
Detroit FINALLY ended their dought= 31 seasons, last January...leaving their opponent way back then - Washington, along with division rival Dallas as the ONLY TWO NFC teams without a conference championship appearance in this century.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Diehardblues- Jones & Jones are replaceable; the two just don't want to accept \ admit \ believe \ consider --- and therefore decide
--- there are experienced and qualified people that can do it better than them.
The Jones duo can't put aside their egos to hire outside individuals to run the franchise football operations --- and see them succeed when they haven't.
That’s what I’d call irreplaceable if they’re unwilling to step aside.