News: NFL: Could Cowboys' Super Bowl window be closing?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Double digit wins isn't closed.
Well your looking at the past, that team is gone , whole bunch of new players, many with 0 experience or just a little.
Plus it is a lame duck team right now. players are not happy with each other. HC fed up with owner etc.

You wont know if this team is a 12 win team till they do it.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
WHOOOOUMP!
Not this year, not 2025, 2026 or 2027.
Jerald, Dak and Fat Mike are a terrible threesome!

kskboys

Reaction score
Wasn't open. Super bowl windows are open for teams w/ great DT's and a consistently moving O.

Blitzen

Reaction score
100%. That window starts when they get to a championship game. They haven't had a window in almost 30 years.

Late round playoffs, the other team will call and the Cowboys must actually turn their cards over and win the hand-eventually. Otherwise, the team is a bluffing pretender praying not to actually have to show. Never getting to the NFCCG is the hallmark of playoff pretender, though the team can bully the lesser teams in the playoffs. The window and higher level respect are a reflection of postseason success.

plasticman

Reaction score
I don't think you talk about windows until you finish building it. At this point in their history, they lack the vision, the leadership and the means.

They get close, they constantly tease us with teams filled with a collection of great players, but not the fire that makes the whole team great.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not really a believer in windows. That whole point of the draft and free agency is to always be adding talent so that as some players age others are stepping up. Of course, adding talent doesn't automatically eliminate ups and downs, but there shouldn't be dramatic or long term swings downward. Obviously a team needs to have some draft success, which the Cowboys generally do pretty well, but key free agent additions can be a notable part as well, and that's an area the Cowbys generally don't do well.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Sorry, but I think the failures of the Cowboys has everything to do with Jerry's failure to spend what it takes to get the Cowboys roster up to par.

Too many years of kicking the money can down the road with constant restructures caused too many problems with the cap that hurt the team.
You're absolutely correct about the mismanagement of the cap! Poor decisions by an amateur GM with no accountability. These are the most frustrating mistakes. I can understand draft mistakes, because they are a matter of judgement. The strategic mistakes are worse because they are just stone cold stupidity.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
71uS7uNNDaL._AC_SL1200_.jpg