News: NFL: Could Cowboys' Super Bowl window be closing?

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Jerry often claims to "want a Super Bowl more than anything."

Yet, what he does as a GM flies in the face of that lie.

It's $$$ that moves him. Don't fall for his BS.
The failures of the Cowboys have nothing to do with Jerry's quest for money. He has more money than he could ever spend. Dallas has not lost because Jerry wanted more money.

Jerry has a hobby. The Cowboys are his toy. He enjoys playing GM. He wants to win, but not badly enough to surrender control. He loves the limelight.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The failures of the Cowboys have nothing to do with Jerry's quest for money. He has more money than he could ever spend. Dallas has not lost because Jerry wanted more money.

Jerry has a hobby. The Cowboys are his toy. He enjoys playing GM. He wants to win, but not badly enough to surrender control. He loves the limelight.
Sorry, but I think the failures of the Cowboys has everything to do with Jerry's failure to spend what it takes to get the Cowboys roster up to par.

Too many years of kicking the money can down the road with constant restructures caused too many problems with the cap that hurt the team.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't call you a troll, I can have a conversation with you
What I said is the the trolls provide me with entertainment....that's why it's a glass half full....
Well if it's you and me talking we can leave them out of it.

But...I still say you claim the Cowboys team is VERY weak. My "alleged" negativity....is why they lose?

Let me remind you what you said:

"Anytime you win 12 games 3 years in a row, you have a window. Negativity clowds that window....buy some windex and let the sunshine in."

I'm not negative but if I were it "clowds" the window?

Dude.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no window if you don't make the playoffs
Well if that's the goal...making the playoffs....then sure there's our window! We get in the window of playoffs. Open that window and step through!

I thought we were talking about a window into the super bowl. It's been locked and "clowded" for 28 years.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Some key quotes from the article:
  • “Since 1996, Dallas is 0-7 in the Divisional Round, worst in the NFL in that span, according to NFL Research.”
  • ”During the aforementioned Lombardi-filled run of 1992-1995, the Cowboys were 10-1 in the playoffs overall.“
  • Dating back again to 1996, the Cowboys are 5-13 in the playoffs overall. No other club has double-digit playoff losses with five or fewer wins in that span, per NFL Research.”
Our players and coaches have taken a lot of heat from our fan base over the last 3 decades. And a lot of it they do bear some responsibility. Romo, Dak, and many others have certainly failed at the most important times.

But the most fire should be aimed at Jerry and son. They have made every hire, every draft pick, every trade, managed and mis-managed the salary cap, and have the absolute and final say about what happens with this team.

One sad reason so much heat is aimed at the players and coaches by some fans is because the guys at the top refuse to be accountable for their failures. Its mind numbing.
yes, but we all know we can't do anything About the jones boys, they have lifetime jobs, in positions they were never qualified for.
They hire yes men for coaches and other areas. They draft players much like a fan would.
They drafted lamb solely based on they were a fan of him in college lol. Gave him 88 , and poured anointing oil all over him and spoiled him rotten.

As fans there is nothing we can do, except not go to games, which would not hurt jerry $ wise, but would embarrass him.
But so many want to go to games, that stadium will always fill up lol.

All we can do is watch the games on tv, and just watch and talk about what the jones boys do. They wont ever sell in our lifetimes
and NFL wont ever kick jerry out.

morat1959

Reaction score
NFL record longest divisional round losing streak: 0-7

NFL record for most 13-3 one seed seasons that ended in one and done: 2

NFL record for most trips to the playoffs without making it to a conference title game: 13

NFL record for most consecutive 12+ win seasons without making it to a conference title game: 3

That is the resume of a choker franchise. As Norm Hitzges once said, "Wallow in it, Jerry!"
This pretty much sums it up.

morat1959

Reaction score

This is what makes it sad. There’s no light at the end of the tunnel.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
XRiwN5o.png

Hahahahahaha, well played.

Also, sadly, it probably is unless Jerry pays Parsons

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yep.

This is basically what I was going to say. I don’t think the window has really been that open for this team in recent years.

We’ve basically been the 4th or 5th best team in NFC. But yet some fans have higher expectations.

Yea, we were 2nd seed last year but only cause Egirls collapsed down the stretch and Dumb Dan gave away another game for Lions.

Cowboys continue to be over hyped year after year.

Not sure I'll ever see it truly open

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Trivia time. Animaniacs' creator mimicked the zaniness of the Looney Tunes for his many characters. Many antics are almost the same as the Tunes, minus some of the violence, haha. Guess that is why I laughed at them so much in my 30's, especially the mini-shows like Pinky and The Brain. :D

Little did I know at the time those two would actually come to life and take over the Dallas Cowboys' front office. :( narf!

The Animaniacs are heavily underrated.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You know? Seems like the US's window at winning the gold medal at American Football consistently is closing. Lost to Japan a few days ago and just lost to Austria in the bronze medal game. Didn't even podium.