News: NFL: Could Cowboys' Super Bowl window be closing?

gtb1943

Reaction score
There was possibly a window open around 2007-2009. Maybe one in 2014 or 2016. Arguable. As a first seed last year one could maybe make the case

BUT I do not believe one can think that its been REALLY open. We have shown no ability to beat good teams in the playoffs for years/
Bluntly speaking not since the 1990's
The way I look at it you have to make the Championship game to be thought to have had a real shot at winning the SB
IF you cannot get there, then there is NO WINDOW

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry often claims to "want a Super Bowl more than anything."

Yet, what he does as a GM flies in the face of that lie.

It's $$$ that moves him. Don't fall for his BS.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry often claims to "want a Super Bowl more than anything."

Yet, what he does as a GM flies in the face of that lie.

It's $$$ that moves him. Don't fall for his BS.
It is his narcissism that drives him. It has been 29 years. Jones could have hired and fired 29 general managers and still made as much OR more money in that time. And every year until he can no longer PT Barnum his way into his own set trap.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anytime you win 12 games 3 years in a row, you have a window. Negativity clowds that window....buy some windex and let the sunshine in.
MY... "negativity"..."clowds" (sic) the Cowboys Super Bowl window?

They must be an extremely week team to not only IMAGINE my "negativity"...but play crappy because of it?

Normal circumstances would say it's actually the OPPOSITE. *I* should feed on THEIR success.

But such is the state of kids these days...you... I mean ...they...don't know what it takes to be great and be champions. You....er they...think it's easy and fans do it.

PLAYERS do it...regardless of what fans think. In the real adult...non-troll world.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
anytime you stink it up in the playoffs for three years in a row, there ain't no window
The one win was against LOSERS...and there's a window?

These same idiots say "we will never win with Jerry"...now say "there's a window".

Or. "YOU saying there's no window is the reason we don't win".

It's a crazy world these days.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The day that Jerry claimed to be "going all-in" really set off an explosive bomb within the Cowboys' faithful. :huh:

So much for being proactive! Quickly. Stephen even seemed to take it as a joke. Maybe he saw the humor in it.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
XDMwHOZ.gif

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MY... "negativity"..."clowds" (sic) the Cowboys Super Bowl window?

They must be an extremely week team to not only IMAGINE my "negativity"...but play crappy because of it?

Normal circumstances would say it's actually the OPPOSITE. *I* should feed on THEIR success.

But such is the state of kids these days...you... I mean ...they...don't know what it takes to be great and be champions. You....er they...think it's easy and fans do it.

PLAYERS do it...regardless of what fans think. In the real adult...non-troll world.
You feel what you want to feel. You're a glass half empty guy. I've been laid up in a hospital bed for 11 days....I choose a glass half full. Cowboys and trolls are entertainment and are not worth getting worked up about. Many things in life are more important. At least, too me.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You feel what you want to feel. You're a glass half empty guy. I've been laid up in a hospital bed for 11 days....I choose a glass half full. Cowboys and trolls are entertainment and are not worth getting worked up about. Many things in life are more important. At least, too me.
I'd say you don't know what a troll is or playing games. Either one is not very becoming.

I do not troll. I speak my mind without regard to getting a reaction. If we disagree on things...fine. We shouldn't stoop to insults or name-calling.

I would hope our cowboys players and team are strong enough to not be influenced by ANY perceived "negativity"....fans, media. family members, etc. You say they are and that is no wonder we fail. It's not me that's negative...it's you...if that's the way you really feel about our team. You say they are weak.

That's not a glass half full. But then...maybe you didn't mean what you said.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd say you don't know what a troll is or playing games. Either one is not very becoming.

I do not troll. I speak my mind without regard to getting a reaction. If we disagree on things...fine. We shouldn't stoop to insults or name-calling.

I would hope our cowboys players and team are strong enough to not be influenced by ANY perceived "negativity"....fans, media. family members, etc. You say they are and that is no wonder we fail. It's not me that's negative...it's you...if that's the way you really feel about our team. You say they are weak.

That's not a glass half full. But then...maybe you didn't mean what you said.
I didn't call you a troll, I can have a conversation with you
What I said is the the trolls provide me with entertainment....that's why it's a glass half full....