NFL could soon ban tackling technique it says creates ‘25 times’ the injury risk

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You can not grab a tackler from behind and low, and ride him. That's what it is. You're riding the player and his knees and legs are in total jeopardy and that's a cowards way to tackle. I never tackled like that back in the day.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
They are ruining the game.

These guys know the risks playing football. They also know the pay. If they don't want to take the risks they can work at Home Depot.

Brax

Reaction score
Cannot touch the QB can’t touch receivers can’t block linemen below the waist now can’t tackle from behind. Why even have a defense, what’s next only 1 player can try to tackle at a time. Yet Thursday night games is no problem or artificial turf, put skirts on the QB RB WR and keep those pitiful flags flying for just playing football.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
That tackle hurt us in 2 playoff games. Dropping the weight of the body and hip into the back of the ankles and knees is very dangerous to the guy being tackled.

2018 - we lost Allen Hurns (brutal injury) and Cole Beasley in the playoff game against Seattle. We won the game but didn't have Hurns the following week.

2022 - lost Tony Pollard to this tackle against SF.
I had forgotten about the hurns injury

Just the memory of that one makes me nearly ill

That was awful.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Hey NFL, how about getting rid of artificial turf if you are so concerned about player safety?
:hammer:

How many non contact injuries have we seen on this fake stuff (guy plants foot to make cut, knee explodes, etc )

This is on point