Twitter: NFL does not fine Harrison Smith for play involving CeeDee Lamb

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I just went there, and couldn't find that video. Would you post it here so we can see it?

It's the same video we've all seen. The one from behind the action where you can't see what Smith was doing with his hand exactly. I think it shows intent, but what intent? Just can't tell. That's why I knew there'd be no fine and we'd get this spin cycle of a thread as "proof" of 'spiracy.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
It's the same video we've all seen. The one from behind the action where you can't see what Smith was doing with his hand exactly. I think it shows intent, but what intent? Just can't tell. That's why I knew there'd be no fine and we'd get this spin cycle of a thread as "proof" of 'spiracy.
Yeah, I don't always agree with your takes but I have to agree based on what I've seen. I can see why Lamb reacted the way he did though.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You can go over to dallascowboys.com and watch the footage captured by their media department. It shows the sequence pretty clearly from the sideline angle. It's in their "sounds from the sideline feature." If you can't see that Smith is choking Lamb from that then you just don't want to. The reason Smith's hands are by his side in the picture is that the picture was taken after he had let go and was trying to get up.. probably because he saw the other Cowboy players getting close.
So the same footage from behind then that's shown in this thread? The footage that shows Smith's forearm off to the side, and momentarily shows his other forearm off to the side, but doesn't show a single second of CeeDee's throat? Sure, we can all say Smith was choking him, but can we prove it? Would you bet your life savings that if someone had a picture from the front, it wouldn't show Smith's thumb stuck under the chinstrap? From the angles we've seen, there's nothing conclusive enough for the league to hand down a fine, and if the roles were reversed, not only would everyone be insisting that our guy wasn't choking their guy, but if that the league fined him, it would prove they're out to get us.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No no, that can't be. Ronnie says it's very clear, and if you can't see the choke it's because you don't want to. For some reason I can't get the phrase 'cognitive dissonance' out of my head.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
I was about to type something about this situation that surely would have gotten me benched for a week, and I don't want that.

censorship, ugh

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Well if I'm a Packers fan then you must be a WFT fan so I win. I concede that my QB is douchier than yours though.
Ok, that seriously made me laugh. Probably means that guy on here is going to show up to remind me how good Rodgers is. Yes, I know he's good. Doesn't make him less of a douchebag.

ESisback

Reaction score
Respectfully, the bolded is BS. What did you see, what did everyone see?

Anyway, a thumb on the chinstrap is ridiculous..how about a forearm on a neck. Ceedee's reaction tells the story of what happened.

Dallas is a league office target period. If that Golden boy Tom Brady, Harrison would be suspended haha.
Cee Dee got fined 10k for waving, and Harrison Smith got nothing? Looks like he tried to choke him to me.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
People trying to defend this dude's actions disgust me. "Well I didn't definitely see his arm choking CeeDee.." Maybe because his arm is around CeeDee's neck? You can see Lamb grabbing Smith's arm trying to pull it off as Smith rocks back to apply more pressure to his throat. But again.. nothing to see here.. Keep it moving..