big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

raw

CWR

Reaction score
The only thing I see Gregory doing is mimicking Lamb's wiping snot first down move, which also involves pointing. Was that it?

No that's not it. I know I can find it, but not sure I can post the pic. I'll try.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
There's multiple angles that illustrate Smith purposely not letting go and holding Lamb down with both hands. I doubt both were stuck. The ref saw it and it looks like he warned Smith. Maybe it wasn't enough to fine him, maybe the warning (if it happened) was enough. Not a real huge deal. There is NO CONSPIRACY against Dallas.

That being said, I'm pretty sure Smith was penalized last year with a hit on Lamb.

You're right.. players from other teams get MMA choke holded on the sidelines every week.. Nothing to see here.. If you keep your eye on Smith's right arm you can see when they first hit the ground it is on Lamb's shoulder pad.. Then as he begins his MMA training it moves under Lamb's neck. Not really the sort of thing you would expect from a guy trying to get his other "stuck" hand out ... If you watch the footage on dallascowboys.com you also see Smith rock back to apply pressure to Lamb's neck before finally letting go. Again, pushing your hand/arm INWARD doesn't seem like a logical measure to free one's hand if it was stuck. But the league has spoken.. No wrong was done.. No one's feelings were hurt.. so all is well. Everybody move along..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You're right.. players from other teams get MMA choke holded on the sidelines every week.. Nothing to see here.. If you keep your eye on Smith's right arm you can see when they first hit the ground it is on Lamb's shoulder pad.. Then as he begins his MMA training it moves under Lamb's neck. Not really the sort of thing you would expect from a guy trying to get his other "stuck" hand out ... If you watch the footage on dallascowboys.com you also see Smith rock back to apply pressure to Lamb's neck before finally letting go. Again, pushing your hand/arm INWARD doesn't seem like a logical measure to free one's hand if it was stuck. But the league has spoken.. No wrong was done.. No one's feelings were hurt.. so all is well. Everybody move along..
I've already provided unbiased factual statistics that illustrate that Dallas isn't being penalized like some of the theorists suggest. You chose to ignore it because it doesn't fit your emotional narrative that Dallas is somehow the victim. You will just keep ignoring the facts. I can only lead you to water.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Smith's hands are both at his sides here. Do you believe Gregory would just stand there gesturing toward his teammate, if he thought he was being choked out, or would he be all over it, pulling Smith off Lamb, like teams do every time they think someone's taking a cheap shot? What I'd like to see is the shot that cameraman in the red shirt got.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lets not pretend it was a totally fine and normal thing after the play was over. Smith is kind of a d-bag.
It's certainly within the realm of possibility. But if we can't even see a definitive shot of it, why do people think this shows that the league is out to get us?

Reactions: G2

cowboyec

Reaction score
a spineless decision by a league run by a spineless commissioner.
goodell and his minions are a swamp stain on the integrity of the shield they claim to care about.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Smith's hands are both at his sides here. Do you believe Gregory would just stand there gesturing toward his teammate, if he thought he was being choked out, or would he be all over it, pulling Smith off Lamb, like teams do every time they think someone's taking a cheap shot? What I'd like to see is the shot that cameraman in the red shirt got.

You can go over to dallascowboys.com and watch the footage captured by their media department. It shows the sequence pretty clearly from the sideline angle. It's in their "sounds from the sideline feature." If you can't see that Smith is choking Lamb from that then you just don't want to. The reason Smith's hands are by his side in the picture is that the picture was taken after he had let go and was trying to get up.. probably because he saw the other Cowboy players getting close.

CBfaninWV9

Reaction score
During any of this has Smith proclaimed his innocence either to CeeDee or to the media, not that he's obligated to. But, it's out there that CeeDee feels he was choked and the Boys made a protest with the league office, so wouldnt Smith try to defend his actions? I doubt CeeDee goes back to the bench and unprompted by his teammate says he was choked if he wasn't. Seems a few dallas "fans" like to play contrarian or think CeeDee's a liar. It's ok to side with your team on an issue that has a slight bit of doubt. You wont be judged harshly here for that unless you are a "fan".