Twitter: NFL does not fine Harrison Smith for play involving CeeDee Lamb

CWR

Reaction score
Smith's hands are both at his sides here. Do you believe Gregory would just stand there gesturing toward his teammate, if he thought he was being choked out, or would he be all over it, pulling Smith off Lamb, like teams do every time they think someone's taking a cheap shot? What I'd like to see is the shot that cameraman in the red shirt got.

His palm is up and his expression says it all. I'm just reading the obvious body language. The picture was a split second after Smith let go or "extricated his hand." Gregory has been through the league offices already, I don't think he's looking to fight. He is imploring the officials to do their jobs.

What message do you think his body language conveys in that picture?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
His palm is up and his expression says it all. I'm just reading the obvious body language. The picture was a split second after Smith let go or "extricated his hand." Gregory has been through the league offices already, I don't think he's looking to fight. He is imploring the officials to do their jobs.

It might be what you're saying, I don't know. I'm not saying Smith didn't choke Lamb. I'm saying I haven't seen anything that should convince the league to fine him.

Reactions: CWR

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You can go over to dallascowboys.com and watch the footage captured by their media department. It shows the sequence pretty clearly from the sideline angle. It's in their "sounds from the sideline feature." If you can't see that Smith is choking Lamb from that then you just don't want to. The reason Smith's hands are by his side in the picture is that the picture was taken after he had let go and was trying to get up.. probably because he saw the other Cowboy players getting close.
I just went there, and couldn't find that video. Would you post it here so we can see it?

ultron

Reaction score
Breaking news: CeeDee Lamb is fined for wearing tube socks that are 1/4” too long, but Harrison smith can commit assault & battery but it’s all good - play on

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I just went there, and couldn't find that video. Would you post it here so we can see it?
I'd like to see that too. I've watched the replay we've all seen several times and I just don't see an intentional choke, but it is hard to tell. Is Harrison considered a dirty player in the past? That's a factor to me because some guys just do crap like that. If he doesn't have that history, I tend to believe the explanation.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'd like to see that too. I've watched the replay we've all seen several times and I just don't see an intentional choke, but it is hard to tell. Is Harrison considered a dirty player in the past? That's a factor to me because some guys just do crap like that. If he doesn't have that history, I tend to believe the explanation.
I've seen varying opinions regarding whether he's known dirty player. What a surprise, right?

ICP

Reaction score
Lol surprise surprise, they probably told him he would have gotten a bonus for finishing the job. NFL SUCKS

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I've seen varying opinions regarding whether he's known dirty player. What a surprise, right?
Depends on who's giving the opinions.
If many team's fans are giving the thumb's down... my ears would perk up despite the thumb's up from others.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Breaking news: CeeDee Lamb is fined for wearing tube socks that are 1/4” too long, but Harrison smith can commit assault & battery but it’s all good - play on

Also it's a 10K fine for waving after scoring a touchdown, but it's perfectly fine for 17 players to crowd into the endzone and act like third graders if somebody on defense falls on a fumble.

This is how messed up the NFL is right now.

CWR

Reaction score

Hes a hyper aggressive type of player. His teammates call him "Dirty Harry." He was kicked out of a game last year for a hit on the Texans TE. He concused Tribisky on a late hit as well. I don't really know a whole lot about him, but he has a reputation for being physical. That doesn't necessarily make him dirty. However, what he did to CD was filthy.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Depends on who's giving the opinions.
If many team's fans are giving the thumb's down... my ears would perk up despite the thumb's up from others.
I'm talking about people in this forum. Varying opinions.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
But compare this to what Trevon Diggs got fined for in the Giants game, simply hitting somebody in the facemask in a game that was getting very chippy.

Harrison Smith's punk move on Lamb would qualify as assault outside of a football game and the NFL (surprise!!!) turns a blind eye.

Reactions: CWR

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's certainly within the realm of possibility. But if we can't even see a definitive shot of it, why do people think this shows that the league is out to get us?
Yeah, it's rather clear the league is not after us specifically. Since 2016, Dallas has ranked out of the top 10 in penalties in a season. So, it's what some fans want to see and accept. I think people are nit-picking here. Lambs, Basham and Gregory's reaction is consistent with not being happy with Smith holding on to Lamb. The ref had words with Smith. Lamb complained on the sideline. The team sent it to the league. All consistent. We don't know Smith choked him, though Lamb tried to tap out. Either way it was unnecessary to not let him up. If the ref threw a flag I would consider that reasonable for all the ticky-tack BS they sometimes call. But he didn't. And I'm not shocked there was no fine.

No conspiracy, the refs are not after us. I don't get that reasoning, because there's no evidence.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Gregory could have been reacting to Lamb's gestures as he was on the ground which were demonstrative. It's clear Lamb was in distress and I think that's why Gregory and another started running over. Can't tell if Gregory's telling the official Lamb was being choked because he saw it or to look at how Lamb was reacting and that Smith must have been doing "something" which could also be just not allowing Lamb to get up.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
inconclusive. Sheesh, let's ban him for life on something that isn't conclusive. what if he said lamb was grabbing his nuts and he was trying him to lose his grasp. I didn't see it but that could have been why he was "choking" him to get him to let go. Gregory could have been throwing up his hand, like why are you grabbing his nuts?