Twitter: NFL does not fine Harrison Smith for play involving CeeDee Lamb

Havic

Reaction score
Cedee got fined for breathing too much, Harrison came in with the attempted adjustment.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
People trying to defend this dude's actions disgust me. "Well I didn't definitely see his arm choking CeeDee.." Maybe because his arm is around CeeDee's neck? You can see Lamb grabbing Smith's arm trying to pull it off as Smith rocks back to apply more pressure to his throat. But again.. nothing to see here.. Keep it moving..
Name one person defending Smith.

CWR

Reaction score
Gregory could have been reacting to Lamb's gestures as he was on the ground which were demonstrative. It's clear Lamb was in distress and I think that's why Gregory and another started running over. Can't tell if Gregory's telling the official Lamb was being choked because he saw it or to look at how Lamb was reacting and that Smith must have been doing "something" which could also be just not allowing Lamb to get up.

Fair enough, I'm just putting the pieces together. We can both agree we don't have definitive proof of what happened.

At a certain point I see too much pointing in one direction. I saw what appeared to be an obvious choke hold and Harrison yanking back and forth on CDs neck. I saw CD start to look panicky, trying to free himself. I saw Harrison instead of looking at his entangled hands, staring up towards the ref. Then I hear CD say he choked the $^$& out of me. Then I see a picture of Gregory apparently trying to get the refs to do something AND eventually I have to call it what it appears to be. It's a duck man. It might not be, but the odds of it being innocent are quite a bit less than the odds of malicious intent.

Furthermore we know from the picture there is at least one camera that was pointing straight at the entire event. So where the hell is that footage?

CWR

Reaction score
People trying to defend this dude's actions disgust me. "Well I didn't definitely see his arm choking CeeDee.." Maybe because his arm is around CeeDee's neck? You can see Lamb grabbing Smith's arm trying to pull it off as Smith rocks back to apply more pressure to his throat. But again.. nothing to see here.. Keep it moving..

It's like saying they couldn't see the football when Daks entire body was laying in the endzone. Cmon man. Did the ball somehow teleport into his possession after he went down?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Fair enough, I'm just putting the pieces together. We can both agree we don't have definitive proof of what happened.

At a certain point I see too much pointing in one direction. I saw what appeared to be an obvious choke hold and Harrison yanking back and forth on CDs neck. I saw CD start to look panicky, trying to free himself. I saw Harrison instead of looking at his entangled hands, staring up towards the ref. Then I hear CD say he choked the $^$& out of me. Then I see a picture of Gregory apparently trying to get the refs to do something AND eventually I have to call it what it appears to be. It's a duck man. It might not be, but the odds of it being innocent are quite a bit less than the odds of malicious intent.

Furthermore we know from the picture there is at least one camera that was pointing straight at the entire event. So where the hell is that footage?

Maybe it's the NFL Films crew? I'd like to see that footage too.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
It's labeled "Sounds from the sideline..week 8" The play takes place about 2:50 in.. But like I said.. there's nothing to see.
That's the same clip we've been looking at. I was hoping for a better angle. I like a lot of your posts man but I think you are taking this too personal for some reason. No reason to be disgusted by differing opinions on this.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I remember Pastorini standing up on the set and furniture tipping over. Was it Jim Rome? I don’t know, maybe I’m just a confused old man…

Here's the clip I found. I kept backing it up to the beginning for some reason and not actually watching the clip.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Hes looking directly towards the official running up the field in his direction. Never saw him actually look down at how his hand was entangled. Seems odd.

Which hand was stuck, since it appears he had TWO arms yanking at CDs neck?

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, guess what? Here's a frame by frame. He's dirty plain and simple. Why on earth you guys would want to defend the dirt bag is beyond me.

They cut out part of the video

Reactions: CWR

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I just can't base whether he did it or not on the reaction of Lamb's teammates. All that tells us is that it wasn't blatant enough for them to notice, but if you are going to choke an opponent, you don't want it to be blatant enough for the officials to notice and flag you.

I don't have a problem with the league not doing anything because the camera angle doesn't show if it's a choke or not. But I also can't say he didn't choke him just because Lamb's teammates didn't see it.
There were multiple camera angles. There was a camera man 10 feet in front of them. Where's that footage??

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
253298412_378834860646843_2696263741375967120_n.jpg
Hey, look at the camera man standing RIGHT BEHIND RG94... Where's that footage???

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I can’t understand why those of you who believe that even bother to watch the games. One fan here is so lost they believe the division winners, playoffs and Super Bowl winner has been pre-determined by the league.
Because the Cowboys are our team, and we support them no matter what. What's the matter? Can't handle the truth of how the NFL runs their business? Does it affect your "perfect world" view of this obvious corrupt league so much that it ruins your willingness to watch this?