Recommended *** NFL Draft 2021 Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

cristglo

Reaction score
So, I'll be making a thread about this in about 2 weeks, but I have several streams coming up for the end of this month during draft week all on Twitch. All times central US time. On April 25 at 6:30 (the actual draft starts at 7 central), I'm going to be doing a first round mock draft stream where I'll be making my predictions for each pick (including a few trades I see happening). On April 29 (round 1 of the actual draft), I'll begin streaming at 6:30. It'll involve a lot of furry chats, announcing each pick as they happen, and explaining what I think of it. Next day, I'll start at about 5:45 with the same setup for rounds 2 and 3 (the draft that day resumes at 6). I'm excited about those streams.

A Link??? :)

HelioOliveira

Reaction score
10-Pitts, Sewell, Surtain or trade back for Horn and another 2nd/3rd
44-Eric Stokes, Daviyon Nixon, Levi Onwuzurike, Richie Grant, Rosseau, Jamin Davis or OT like Eichenberg, Leatherwood, Radunz...
75: Alim McNeil, Baron Browning, Nick Bolton, Joe Tryon, Ronnie Perkins, Tyler Shelvin, Jabril Cox
99:The best safety available like Jevon Holland, Jamar Johnson, Cisco, Ardarius Washington, O Line depth like Christensen, Deonte Brown, Aaron Banks, Josh Myers or D Line depth like Marvin Wilson, Togiai, Quincy Roche, Patrick Jones, Milton Williams...

I know that some of them will not be there but you never know.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
44-Eric Stokes, Daviyon Nixon, Levi Onwuzurike, Richie Grant, Rosseau, Jamin Davis or OT like Eichenberg, Leatherwood, Radunz...
75: Alim McNeil, Baron Browning, Nick Bolton, Joe Tryon, Ronnie Perkins, Tyler Shelvin, Jabril Cox
99:The best safety available like Jevon Holland, Jamar Johnson, Cisco, Ardarius Washington, O Line depth like Christensen, Deonte Brown, Aaron Banks, Josh Myers or D Line depth like Marvin Wilson, Togiai, Quincy Roche, Patrick Jones, Milton Williams...

Like this.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

I agree with alot of that

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I really do hope the Niners take Jones at #3 as that will push the QB's each down a peg.

I think the biggest players for Surtain are CAR at #8 and DEN at #9 but both could also be in the QB hunt. Good news is CAR signing Bouye means they're much more likely to hope for Sewell/Slater or take one of the wideouts. I would say there's a probably an 80% chance of our pick of corner on the board at #10.

Carson

Reaction score
I really do hope the Niners take Jones at #3 as that will push the QB's each down a peg.

I think the biggest players for Surtain are CAR at #8 and DEN at #9 but both could also be in the QB hunt. Good news is CAR signing Bouye means they're much more likely to hope for Sewell/Slater or take one of the wideouts. I would say there's a probably an 80% chance of our pick of corner on the board at #10.
I mean Carolina signed Bouye

But Denver traded for Fuller and signed Darby. So I don’t see either really going corner

Motorola

Reaction score
Two weeks to go before the 86th annual meeting of the NFL franchises to select newly eligible players to add to their rosters. Undoubtedly this year's proceedings will be focused on the early first round run for QBs. However - the meteoric rise of one draftee at another offensive position certainly will garner just as much attention, evaluation, and opinion when he is selected.
Plus... the top prospects on the other side of the ball seem to be regulated to 2nd tier status ...their projections on where they will land vary from bordeline top ten to mid\late 1st round.

Last edited:

waving monkey

Reaction score
The Farley back situation becoming public changed the landscape a bit.

IMO it was a given that one or the other would be there, now one has fallen out of that range so its kind of a sweat for people who want a corner.

Surtain is safe. Solid but not spectacular. Some people won't like the pick, but our needs don't at all line up with players who are likely to be on the board at 10.

In fact he is the only player I see projected around 10 who would start here immediately.

As far as the difference to the #2 cb, I dont think its much...and it wouldn't at all surprise me if guys like Horn or Stokes end up being better NFL players than Surtain....but there's no chance they are drafted around 10.

What we need is a deal down, but that can't be counted on.....also, if Jerry is staring at a starting corner for cheap for five years I can't see him passing.
I've come around on Surtain he's better then some are saying he'll make some Pro Bowls

waving monkey

Reaction score

do forget trades

morasp

Reaction score
Big board movers on NFL.com
Bobby Brown DT up to 85th overall
Payton Turner DE up to 39th overall (gained starter grade)
Tylan Wallace WR down to 65th overall (lost starter grade)
Elijah Molden CB down to 66th overall (lost starter grade)
Spencer Brown OT up to 67th overall
Jaylon Moore G/T up to 77th overall
Hamsah Nasirildeen S up to 93rd overall
Michael Carter RB up to 86th overall
Ifeatu Melifonwu CB up to 45th overall ( gained starter grade)
Jamar Johnson S down to 53rd overall (lost starter grade)

jnday

Reaction score
Honestly....I wouldn't be shocked. It's a small reach......but hey...they got their guy....and there is nothing wrong with it as long as he turns out to be a player. Let's just hope he doesn't turn out to be another Taco.
If decide to do this, it will be terrible value with the 10th pick. Maybe they could trade back and a pick up another second round pick.

jnday

Reaction score
Big board movers on NFL.com
Bobby Brown DT up to 85th overall
Payton Turner DE up to 39th overall (gained starter grade)
Tylan Wallace WR down to 65th overall (lost starter grade)
Elijah Molden CB down to 66th overall (lost starter grade)
Spencer Brown OT up to 67th overall
Jaylon Moore G/T up to 77th overall
Hamsah Nasirildeen S up to 93rd overall
Michael Carter RB up to 86th overall
Ifeatu Melifonwu CB up to 45th overall ( gained starter grade)
Jamar Johnson S down to 53rd overall (lost starter grade)
I find it rather amusing that the ranking of these players can go up or down for absolutely no reason. It happens every year.

morasp

Reaction score
I find it rather amusing that the ranking of these players can go up or down for absolutely no reason. It happens every year.
This guy is looking at over 300 players and I think he does an initial cut and then goes back and refines it a couple times.

KB1122

Reaction score
The willingness of Lawrence and Wilson to go along and accept that they're going to lousy franchises makes me question their judgment and commitment to winning. Lawrence's quotes this week about not needing football sound a little like Prince Charles' quote about in love, "whatever that means."

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If Jerry was a true gm and not an owner, someone would have hired him a few times over the years, and now he’d be too old, but a hot commodity on ESPN.

In the real world, after hiring Jimmy and being gm of a team that won 3 SBs in 4 years, no matter whom you give credit to, Jerry could have written his gm ticket. After that team lost Irvin and Jerry traded two firsts for Galloway who got hurt, Jerry gets fired. He hires Parcells and together they unearthed Romo, when Parcells leaves, Jerry probably leaves for another gm job with him.

Despite no SB wins, Jerry would have received gm job offers over the years. One must remember that GMs get fired and rehired repeatedly over the years. Jerry would have probably been gm for at least 3 different teams over the years, but he would have been out of that game and in TV quite a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.