Recommended *** NFL Draft 2021 Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I never liked that we were linked to him. I would’ve hated that pick. Looking back at what else was available that draft has a lot of garbage. Will McClay had another great draft last year with very little talent to choose from.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's a lot of work by the Scouting department to put a draft board together with any depth. It's important, IMO, to honor it once you have it. It's my experience as well that drafting for need is not the best way to approach a draft.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Far too early to judge Chaisson. I had no issue with drafting him he was a solid prospect. I saw a few Jag games last year and they did some weird things with him. They had him dropping back in coverage some. He may just be a bad fit for the Jags. Have you seen what Demarcus Lawrence's rookie season looked like?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
It's a lot of work by the Scouting department to put a draft board together with any depth. It's important, IMO, to honor it once you have it. It's my experience as well that drafting for need is not the best way to approach a draft.

Need is a huge factor in a draft. You can't just go BPA regardless of position. For example, if T Lawrence was to fall to 10 and he is your BPA, do you draft him? I do not, I pick the BPA at a position of need, if one is not there, then I try to trade my pick, when those two conditions are not possible, then I go ahead and draft the BPA regardless of position. If you go BPA only, it is possible your entire draft could consist of one position group. Could imagine having 10 picks and drafting the 10 best RB in the draft according to your board.

I agree you can't be blinded by need and make panic decisions but to exclude need from the equation is the wrong way to go about it.

morasp

Reaction score
Far too early to judge Chaisson. I had no issue with drafting him he was a solid prospect. I saw a few Jag games last year and they did some weird things with him. They had him dropping back in coverage some. He may just be a bad fit for the Jags. Have you seen what Demarcus Lawrence's rookie season looked like?
Way too early.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Remember this, a good football player is never a bad fit for any team or any scheme.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Need is a huge factor in a draft. You can't just go BPA regardless of position. For example, if T Lawrence was to fall to 10 and he is your BPA, do you draft him? I do not, I pick the BPA at a position of need, if one is not there, then I try to trade my pick, when those two conditions are not possible, then I go ahead and draft the BPA regardless of position. If you go BPA only, it is possible your entire draft could consist of one position group. Could imagine having 10 picks and drafting the 10 best RB in the draft according to your board.

I agree you can't be blinded by need and make panic decisions but to exclude need from the equation is the wrong way to go about it.
Disagree.

Trading the 10 pick if T Law falls to you does not contradict the BPA drafting rule. If you think BPA means never trading up or down then you just don't get it.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
That is simply untrue. Ask Shaq Barrett and Leonard Floyd what a bad fit is....
Shaq peaked late or found the fountain of HGH late and Floyd of course took off this past year playing next to Darnold who Im sure helped him get 3-5 of those sacks......Also Since when did we ever get the most out of a guy with our coaching? All it proves is all the more reason not to wast 4-5years on a guy that won't peak till after he's gone.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Looks like it would have been a bad pick right now, but I still he can be a good player. He basically had the same rookie year Dee Ford did
that ironic because around here Hill and Gallimore are called busts and they were taken in later rounds

yet when others make the similar choice then its still might turn our well?

which is it defenders need time and should be given time to develop before saying they are busts? or if rookie year isnt high level they are busts :)?

Hill started to show flashes last year but got inured, Gallimore already has some flashes i mean every bit as much as Chaisson..so this place need s to take chill pill..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Shaq peaked late or found the fountain of HGH late and Floyd of course took off this past year playing next to Darnold who Im sure helped him get 3-5 of those sacks......Also Since when did we ever get the most out of a guy with our coaching? All it proves is all the more reason not to wast 4-5years on a guy that won't peak till after he's gone.
Has nothing to do with coaching. Some guys just aren’t a good fit on certain teams...it happens.

Carson

Reaction score
Looks like Washington wants Moehrig at 19 if all of the QBs are gone.

Awesome

Havic

Reaction score
Assuming no trades.

The top 3 draft qb's
Atlanta will grab Pitts
Bengals - Sewell
Dolphins - Ja'marr Chase

After that it gets murky for where players will fall. Maybe another qb in the top 7-9

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Believe it or not we're about to get even more talented.

Will McClay be walking into The Star this morning like....

dIHCwg.gif

Reactions: CWR
Status
Not open for further replies.