Recommended *** NFL Draft 2021 Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
There has to be a team trading up to the top ten today, someone as the Patriots tried to get to #4.

Western

Reaction score

Good.
I hope Dallas trades down -- thus hopefully Horn & Surtain will be pluck by some gullible teams ahead of Dallas after the trade.
Then, either Barmore, or Phillips will be the BPA.
With the extra picks from the trade, Dallas can suddenly sneak back into the end of the 1st round and snatch either Newsome, Farley, or Moehrig.

chicago JK

Reaction score
There has to be a team trading up to the top ten today, someone as the Patriots tried to get to #4.
I think Detroit is a clear trade down team at #7. The issue they may face is the team trading up is probably targeting a QB, but the offers they receive will probably dwarf the trade Miami took to leave #3. So they may need to take a deal at .85 on the dollar. But they need picks and flexibility moving forward. They have a new front office so they have time to slowly build. That teams needs a lot.

Carson

Reaction score
Good.
I hope Dallas trades down -- thus hopefully Horn & Surtain will be pluck by some gullible teams ahead of Dallas after the trade.
Then, either Barmore, or Phillips will be the BPA.
With the extra picks from the trade, Dallas can suddenly sneak back into the end of the 1st round and snatch either Newsome, Farley, or Moehrig.
Better prepare to move back to 19. Washington loves Moehrig and hes their guys if no QB is there.

Broaddus said the team doesn’t like Newsome and Farley is too injured for my liking. Plus the Saints are after him

chicago JK

Reaction score
I think the top 15 should be consistent...but there are always a surprise in there. One surprise move can have ripple effects.

But I think the second half of the first round may be crazy. I think the rankings are too similar. I think with this weird draft, that teams are going to have very different rankings and there will be a lot of surprises in the second half of round one. At least I hope it isn't chalk.

JBS

Reaction score
Better prepare to move back to 19. Washington loves Moehrig and hes their guys if no QB is there.

Broaddus said the team doesn’t like Newsome and Farley is too injured for my liking. Plus the Saints are after him

This is assuming everything we hear is true

It's probably not

Carson

Reaction score

Looks like the Horn / Surtain race is going to get interesting

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In their day of final mocks Kiper, McShay and Brugler all have the Cowboys staying at 10 and taking Patrick Surtain part 2.

chicago JK

Reaction score
In their day of final mocks Kiper, McShay and Brugler all have the Cowboys staying at 10 and taking Patrick Surtain part 2.

That is pretty interesting that these guys were able to decipher the top secret draft plans of Dallas. They are typically hard to read. That is why they are the pros.

JBS

Reaction score
I wouldn't hate it at all if philly moved up for a cb

One, I think it's a dumb idea to begin with. Two, I'm confident they will pick the wrong guy. It'll also save Dallas from picking the wrong guy

triplets_93

Reaction score
The calm before the storm. Not a weather report, but waiting for tonight's fireworks...

Let's hope there's no duds!!

BobSacamano

Reaction score
I wouldn't hate it at all if philly moved up for a cb

One, I think it's a dumb idea to begin with. Two, I'm confident they will pick the wrong guy. It'll also save Dallas from picking the wrong guy
:laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What? Wait. So the Eagles have the 6th pick...trade out of it...now they are concerned the Cowboys will pick the corner they want even though they traded out of that pick? Howie literally has no idea what he's doing and I'm not sure why he doesn't.......

BobSacamano

Reaction score
What? Wait. So the Eagles have the 6th pick...trade out of it...now they are concerned the Cowboys will pick the corner they want even though they traded out of that pick? Howie literally has no idea what he's doing and I'm not sure why he doesn't.......
QB is my guess

Status
Not open for further replies.