Draft Day NFL Draft 2024 Day 2

Carson

Reaction score
Please forgive me everyone my bad (time to move on), hoping today we can hopefully acquire some talent that'll help us immediately, while also possibly getting a 4th round draft picks. That wait is going to be so long!!!
You’re good bro. It’s just in round 1 people don’t like the spoilers.

They don’t mind as much come round 5 when the picks come out every few minutes lol

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As another note to my previous post, I think Guyton will be due for some hard work to increase his upper body strength. Nevertheless, the Cowboys have excellent facilities to make that happen. Yes, that young man is somewhat raw and will be expected to work hard to gain the strength he'll be due to get. He might be inclined to have a few problems in pass protection for a while but it's very likely that, given time, he should develop into a stalwart left tackle that we'll all be very proud of. Don't be surprised if his weight increases to about 230 lbs. or so, very shortly. He's at 222 lbs. now.

I'm hoping for some good things for round two, though. Admittedly, we have enough needs that no matter what happens, we should come out of that round with someone we'll be relieved to see available to us. So far, so good. Let's await round two with delicious anticipation, my good friends!

Last edited:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just returned from an international trip and am jet-lagging badly... got up at 3:00 am this morning and, among other things, ran a Monte Carlo simulation for the 2nd - 4th rounds using PFN's post round 1 rankings.

The MC simulation is not intended to predict who the Cowboys might select. Rather, after a 1000 or so runs, it provides a probalistic view of who might be available.

With that as background,

Second Round (56):

There is <20% probability that either Zach Frazier or Jonathan Brooks will be available

There is >75% probability that one or more of the DTs Orhorhroro, Hall, Jenkins or Fisk will be available.

There is >75% probability one of the inside LBs Gray, Colson or Wallace will be available

Third Round (73 and 87)

There is >75% probability than any 2 of Van Pran, Braylon Allen, Dorlas, Shipley,Trotter, Colson, Sweat, or McMillian (WR) will be available

My take: grab a DT in the 2nd. Take a RB, LB or C in the 3rd.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread is for Day 2 of the 2024 NFL Draft. This is for those that would like to discuss what is anticipated for today's picks, discussions during the draft, and reactions to picks. As requested before, PLEASE do not announce picks prior to the picks being announced on TV. I'm glad that some of you are able to work out who is being picked when. However, some of us would like to see it announced on the TV. So, please, I would appreciate it if you could kindly wait until after the pick is announced on TV before announcing the picks.
Jerry and Jimmy already told me who they were gonna pick....I'll keep it to myself.:(