Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day One Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
I like the pick, HOWEVER, if not taking Nolan Smith allows Nolan Smith, a consensus T10 pick, to go to Philly, then that's....bad.

Mazi is a great fit BUT was slated somewhere early-mid 2nd round. You could have traded back and gotten him plus more picks. I HATE drafting a guy in the first round with a grade lower than the draft position. For those BPA folks...Mazi was not the BPA..

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Mazi isn’t a sexy pick but he fills the teams biggest need from last year. Watch him play longer in the league than jalen carter.

Nobody has a clue how any of these guys will turn out. There were people here who hated Travis Frederick…. Hated ware over merriman….. hell some questioned parsons.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
They didn't draft this kid to get sacks. He is a force in the middle. Can stop the run and allow the ends to get sacks. I have watched this kid for a while. He cannot be blocked one on one. Finally a legit nose tackle. GREAT pick.
Quinn & the Cowboys have a history of not drafting run stopping DTs high. They must see pass rush potential to take him.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I like the pick, HOWEVER, if not taking Nolan Smith allows Nolan Smith, a consensus T10 pick, to go to Philly, then that's....bad.

Mazi is a great fit BUT was slated somewhere early-mid 2nd round. You could have traded back and gotten him plus more picks. I HATE drafting a guy in the first round with a grade lower than the draft position. For those BPA folks...Mazi was not the BPA..
The Steelers would have taken him at the top of the second but you never know. Mazi is the defense’s version of Tyler.

Status
Not open for further replies.