Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day One Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Eagles hype train is leaving the station. I might turn off nfl network until august lol.

manster4ever

Reaction score
That's because NT is more nuanced. A NT has to clog the middle to set up the LBs up the middle and shut down the run. Mazi can do that. Parsons and Quinn pushed for this. I wanted a NT. I'm happy with Mazi. I am not expecting sack numbers from him. I'm excited to see what he can do for Parsons.
Hope you're right RBH...I truly do. If he applies himself, and keeps his nose clean then he can make Quinn look good for his faith in him

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He’s a good pick, not great. If they had of traded back and got him in the 2nd…that would be great.

Frankly, we had a late first round pick. They clearly tried to get a trade down with how long they waited. Considering that, the fact that DQ and Parsons wanted, and how badly we needed a NT, I'm delighted.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Hope to hell you're right but he disappeared against UGA two years ago and TCU this past year. BUT he did play well twice against Ohio State so....he needs to be coached up and get in the weight room. Too much baby fat and also stay the hell away from guns kid.
No problem with guns in texas dude

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Hope you're right RBH...I truly do. If he applies himself, and keeps his nose clean then he can make Quinn look good for his faith in him
I'd imagine that he's met many times with Quinn. I would imagine Quinn wouldn't push as hard for him if he had any doubts. The players on defence clearly are excited by the pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.