Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day One Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys took value and flushed it down the toilet. They could have taken Smith ten picks down while picking up another Day #2 draft choice.

They could have picked up additional value by taking someone that dropped in the draft like Porter Jr. They could have neutralized any leverage Dak might have on contact renegotiations by taking Levis and grooming him as the potential replacement.

Jerry Jones, GM.........Amateur Extra Donaire.
Sorry, but I just cant take any post seriously that says Levis should be groomed to be our future starter.

The dude sucks...........why do you think every team in the entire league said "no thanks, we good" while the dude sat on the couch all night long.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorry, but I just cant take any post seriously that says Levis should be groomed to be our future starter.

The dude sucks...........why do you think every team in the entire league said "no thanks, we good" while the dude sat on the couch all night long.
Players no longer have time to sit on the bench and be groomed. This is not the old NFL that I remember. I totally agree first round pick you need to start day one.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Why did Nolan Smith fall to 30?
He is a tweener, doesnt have a true position and he had a torn pec last season, missed the championship game if I remember correctly.

So, injury history and doesnt have ideal size for the NFL..................that is why a LB that runs a 4.3 is still on the board at pick 30.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If you are going to reach, at least reach for the far and away biggest missing position on the team. Happy with the pick even if it isn't a steal. Dallas is a better team as a result of this pick.
Pick is not considered a reach however...............Kiper had Smith ranked 30th best player on his big board................He was drafted 26

4 spot differential is not considered a reach.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Pick is not considered a reach however...............Kiper had Smith ranked 30th best player on his big board................He was drafted 26

4 spot differential is not considered a reach.
You are correct and I really like the pick. Since I normally don't like Cowboys picks, I feel confused and lost.

conner01

Reaction score
If the cowboys improve to top 3 or 4 in run defense would you change your mind. That would be a huge step for the cowboys defense
Not really
If Quinn can make him a guy who impacts the pass game that would
Look 70% of the snaps he won’t be on the filed if he can’t bring anything to the passing game

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Not really
If Quinn can make him a guy who impacts the pass game that would
Look 70% of the snaps he won’t be on the filed if he can’t bring anything to the passing game

Well, again, we have 2 NTs now. If needed, they could have Hankins in to start with on 3rd down, and we'd still have an NT to help on passing situations.

Jipper

Reaction score
Been asking for a defensive tackle in the first round for 10 years we finally get one and people complain
Ha I was just going to say the same thing - this guy is massive and one of the best athletes in the draft, Two statements that don't usually go together.

He can push the pocket and stop the run immediately, he takes pressure off the lbs and helps the des get home, and finally he has untapped potential to improve on rushing the passer.

It doesn't matter if the pundits had him as a 2nd round pick, he wasn't making it to Dallas in the 2nd and he instantly makes this defense better across the board...also sounds like the cowboys had him in their top 20.

It's hard to not like this pick, not sexy but holy cow how long it's been coming and this will make everyone on defense better

morat1959

Reaction score

Like when Dak lasted for 4 rounds several years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.