Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day two thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I like what we briefly saw from Waletzko. Good size with good feet and more power than I expected. That being said, I have no idea how he's going to turn out.
I really think Waletzko is going to be good. He has a mean streak and really nifty feet. His strength should be better this camp and they fixed the shoulder than kept giving him issues.

I really do think the team likes him a lot more than people think too.

Ball, on the other hand, hasn’t looked good.

Oh well, if they hit on one of those tackles, that’ll be great.

T-RO

Reaction score
We have a huge hole at RB. I don't trust Pollard to carry the whole load by himself. He won't be nearly as explosive if he's doing 70% of the carries. Are we resigning Zeke or trading for Derek Henry?
Regretfully...very regretfully I'm thinking they bring Zeke back.

Reactions: ICP

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Exactly. He can do Kearse job, but I did hear they may want him to pass rush some.
I think they'll be looking at him more as the No. 2 linebacker when we go nickel and want more of a coverage backer in the game. So being able to pass rush some is important as well. So he would probably be more in the Keanu Neal/Barr role out there as the second LB with Kearse as the third in that hybrid role. Just kind of a similar thing ... a player who can cover like a safety but has enough size to be that tweener.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Washington is a total project and may have a knee issue. Yeah, not a fan.
Project? He’s an absolute run mauler day 1. Has the ability to help out in the pass game a little too. Better to have a guy that at least exceeds at something. Plus as a 3rd rounder seems a much better pick than our guy in the 2nd

fivetwos

Reaction score
I really think Waletzko is going to be good. He has a mean streak and really nifty feet. His strength should be better this camp and they fixed the shoulder than kept giving him issues.

I really do think the team likes him a lot more than people think too.

Ball, on the other hand, hasn’t looked good.

Oh well, if they hit on one of those tackles, that’ll be great.
That would make some sense as to why they don’t seem to have much urgency to add OL. And that’s fine….no way Waletzko should be written off.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Dang our Kicker is gone.

Gotta sign Gould now.
I know he's not from Michigan, but we also showed interest in Maryland's Chad Ryland. ... But it looks like if we want him, we will have to take him in the fourth and he might not make it to our pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.