Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day two thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevm3

Reaction score
We have a huge hole at RB. I don't trust Pollard to carry the whole load by himself. He won't be nearly as explosive if he's doing 70% of the carries. Are we resigning Zeke or trading for Derek Henry?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I wanted bigsby badly. We can't have johnson as the backup. He's more of a compete with malik Davis type. Need more juice behind pollard.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
See if y'all notice this.

Dan Q makes a pick, seems highly rated, vs
Mike makes a pick and everyone tries to figure out why Dallas reached so bad

Gambit

Reaction score
Tyron Smith- round 1
Tyler Smith- round 1
Tyler Biadasz- round 4
Zach Martin-round 1
Terrence Steele- UFA
Josh Ball- round 4
Matt Waletzko- round 5

DeMarcus Lawrence- round 2
Mazi Smith- round 1
Johnathan Hankans- FA
Osa Odighizuwa- round 3
Neville Gallimore- round 3
Micah Parson- round 1
Dorrance Armstrong- round 4
Chauncey Golston- round 3
Sam Williams- round 2

Yes, there is a hole at guard...but to say they haven't allocated premium assets to the lines is not accurate.
I think they are very high on Waletzko which would allow them to kick Tyler Smith inside if need be.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We have a huge hole at RB. I don't trust Pollard to carry the whole load by himself. He won't be nearly as explosive if he's doing 70% of the carries. Are we resigning Zeke or trading for Derek Henry?
No they signed a jag who had 1 good year 2 years ago. Hates scoring td and sucks at short yardage. Better hope they draft someone in the 4th

kevm3

Reaction score
I don't think anyone hates Overshown. He has nice tape, but are they already giving up on Jabril Cox?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It's hard to defend this draft so far. I'm guessing when it's all done, Dallas will have a bottom five draft grade.

All that is pure speculation at this point though. But it's never good to continuously reach for guys that would be available later.
Probably a C since we didn't take any falling players and took a couple a little higher than they were projected. We didn't go crazy in drafting players are positions where we didn't have a fairly obvious need.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I think they are very high on Waletzko which would allow them to kick Tyler Smith inside if need be.
I liked what I saw in limited action last season. It would be a godsend if he could develop and fill a hole, even if it's only until Steele comes back strong. The players are in place, but depth along the interior oline is still a pretty big concern of mine.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I like what we briefly saw from Waletzko. Good size with good feet and more power than I expected. That being said, I have no idea how he's going to turn out.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Being less invested in this draft makes it easier to accept.
I'm looking at it like no matter who we take we're adding talent that isn't costing anything.
And at this point, with talent so similar it depends on the direction a team chooses to go.
Here, we get a space filler in Smith, a run blocker in Shoonmaker and a guy always around the ball in Overshown.

What's to complain about?

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I might be crazy but I think Overshown may be a Kearse replacement. Seems to have similar size and skill set.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
All we have is opinions, they're the pros have the inside info and know exactly what the team need to succeed. But...

Status
Not open for further replies.