Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day two thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They want to turn him into a Parsons clone
That's not happening,
But with his skillset? Plus, I imagine he will get more than that. With what I've seen, he's got ball attacking skills, and I think he's the type of player that will force his way on defence. He's quick, and he's a hard hitting LB.
Clark is a far better linebacker and he saw hardly any snaps. Unless they see him in the jayron kearse role in a years time if he leaves.

tcain2004

Reaction score
Yup, all the more, especially with Mazi, reason that I'm excited. Our defence is ready and loaded. I think we will have arguably the best defence in the league.
not even close. We lost a playoff game to a 7th round rookie qb. Couldnt confuse him? trevon drops picks and wont tackle.

Ken

Reaction score
LOL no, unfortunately Eagles didn't swing and miss. That's wishful thinking. They got the guy some have called the best DT prospect in a decade, an elite pass rushing prospect, and a solid OL.

You're daydreaming if you think we didn't lose ground to them.
Here is your best DT prospect in a decade...

https://sportsnaut.com/jalen-carter-nfl-draft-scouts-criticism/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...dback-from-georgia-coaches-to-stay-in-top-10/

Yes, they will roll Dean and the undersized #30 and get steamrolled in the run game.

Mikemcm

Reaction score
We have to make a splash tomorrow because today sucked. We need playmakers on offense. Got draft Boutte tomorrow at wr.

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
I wrote in another thread that I don't think the Cowboys are as concerned about it as fans are. I think the main reason is they believe they have five starting-caliber players in Tyler, Tyron, Biadasz, Martin and Steele. Edoga was added as cheap insurance as a guard.

I would have preferred getting a guard here instead of a linebacker, but I can't say Dallas didn't feel it needed a linebacker more than a guard. It did lose Gifford without replacing him, just like it lost Schultz without replacing him and Watkins without replacing him. Hmmm ... seems to be a pattern.
They could always bring back Peters, too

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
This franchise will never contend seriously until they put a premium on the lines. I am sick and tired of drafting flashy players that don't do while we have GIANT HOLES at LG.
Tyron Smith- round 1
Tyler Smith- round 1
Tyler Biadasz- round 4
Zach Martin-round 1
Terrence Steele- UFA
Josh Ball- round 4
Matt Waletzko- round 5

DeMarcus Lawrence- round 2
Mazi Smith- round 1
Johnathan Hankans- FA
Osa Odighizuwa- round 3
Neville Gallimore- round 3
Micah Parson- round 1
Dorrance Armstrong- round 4
Chauncey Golston- round 3
Sam Williams- round 2

Yes, there is a hole at guard...but to say they haven't allocated premium assets to the lines is not accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.