Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day two thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carter

Reaction score
The tight end is the best blocking tight end in the draft and he can catch the ball too and has enough speed to take it downfield as well. They have a vision on how to use the speedy linebacker on defense and special teams.

Washington was the best blocking TE in the draft but obv he has medical flags as hes still available

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The tight end is the best blocking tight end in the draft and he can catch the ball too and has enough speed to take it downfield as well. They have a vision on how to use the speedy linebacker on defense and special teams.
So the lb is going to mainly be a ST player?? lol
better to get those in round 6-7

Hadenough

Reaction score
The fact that you think hes a project TE just shows you have no clue who the guy is. So the pick sucks because you have no clue?

Shoonmaker is the farthest thing from a project. The guy is a 5 year starter. Hes ready made to come in and start from day one and do it all.
I sure hope your right! I liked the Mazi and Overshown picks but I didn't think they needed a TE. Wanted to see more of Ferguson to see what they had. I probably would of gone OT that Bills took just because that adds more time for Dak and adds more pop to running game.

Carson

Reaction score
Hes typically generous with his grading

Grade
A-
Dallas Cowboys

Dallas Cowboys

Day 2 draft picks

Day 1 grade: B

Analysis: Dalton Schultz’s departure in free agency meant the Cowboys would be in the market for a tight end this year. Schoonmaker is a fluid athlete who can contribute as a blocker, as well. An injury limited him a bit in 2022, but with the second-round run on tight ends, the pick made sense at Dallas’ spot. Overshown adds depth to the team’s linebacker corps.

shabazz

Reaction score
no not true, it is just that phil has a way better FO, and it shows on the field, in results , nfc champs, Coaches, and lately in the draft and FA.
Phil FO is not only way way better than dallas FO, they are imo top 5 in the NFL.

They found a young HC, instead of a old past his prime HC, and at first I thought the guy was another moron, but He has changed my mind.
Phil was behind dallas, in 21, but closing, and then in 22 just blew by dallas.

I think they win the div again this season.
Agree. They are our favorite RIVAL but that doesn’t preclude us from pointing out when they’ve made the right football moves

They made the SB so the proofs in the pudding

Whyjerry

Reaction score
LT- Tyron
LG- Tyler
C- Biadiaz
RG- Martin
RT- Steele

RB- Zeke
So when Tyron gets hurt and Smith needs to kick outside what happens? Further Steele is coming off a bad injury. He gets hurt Smith moves to RT, then what? They need a G.

shabazz

Reaction score
they earned the # 9 by making smart moves, that is part of the game.
What’s irritating is that a team that just made it to the SB usually stands pat in FA and makes little to no big moves in the draft…..but Roseman is aggressive and breaks that antiquated mold

our GM?…….a Day late and a dollar short, still running the team like it’s the 90’s

GoldenR

Reaction score
The inability to accept that The Dallas Way is not and has not been working by both a mod here and several Zone posters is just another juvenile "we're victims or go root for another team" childishness.

To those few I say grow up and accept truthful criticism. It's called being a mature adult.

jmo
Also, can't throw picks in important games when 1 or 2 turnovers is the difference. Well, that guy is still with us and may be for a while. So there's that............

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Mazi Smith wouldn't be available and Keeanu Benton the next dtackle was also long gone when our pick came up at 58. They would have totally lost out on dtackle which was a big need and has been for years.
Schoonmaker wouldn’t have made it to us at round 3 either. I think the top 10 tight ends were gone by 80. The Cowboys draft at the bottom of each round. You gonna have to reach for guys.

Carson

Reaction score
A few names that remain from the top 30 visits and names I think we will consider today

QB
Aidan O’Connell, Purdue
Max Duggan, TCU

RB
Kenny McIntosh, Georgia
Zach Evans, Ole Miss

WR

iOL
Antonio Mafi, UCLA

DE
BJ Thompson, SFA

DT
Tyler Lacy, OK. State
Jacquelin Roy, LSU

LB
Durrell Johnson, Liberty

S
Tanner McAlister, Ohio State

K
Chad Ryland, Maryland

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Schoomaker is one of the better athletes at TE in the draft. His RAS is like 16th out of 1100 TEs over the last 30 years. He's also one of the fastest TEs in the draft and he has the best 3C out of all the major TE prospects. In no way is he an "average tester." I thought he was drafted a little too high based on pre-draft rankings, but he wouldn't have been there at 90. Jax took Brenton Strange 3 picks later (a much bigger reach) and you have to believe Schoonmaker would have likely gone there.

Overshown was drafted almost on the money according to the legit draft publications. Most had him right around 90.
As far as Schoonmaker goes, it appears you are right about the RAS. For some reason I must have been thinking about another player. He ran a 4.6 and broad jumped 10’ 7”. That’s explosive for a guy that’s 6’ 5”. Maybe there is something here.

For Overshown I’ve seen anywhere between rounds 3 and 5 with most leaning toward the later rounds. Considering where Dallas was picking, it’s not that bad of a reach but I wonder why they never considered a trade down in this mid rounds.

I will not judge this draft until after these dudes have played a year or two.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
QB
Aidan O’Connell, Purdue
Max Duggan, TCU
Give me Aidan O’Connell in the 4th if Dallas is wiped out at offensive line. That dude has got a rocket for an arm and I was very impressed with how he played last season. He is the perfect developmental QB pick for this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.