Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day two thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

manster4ever

Reaction score
His age is a big problem for me. He'll be about 30 when its time for a new contract. He doesn't really upgrade anything.

If we wanted a blocking te we didn't take one known for blocking.
Couldn't disagree more. I'm on record as NOT caring for the pick...reach in a big way. He woulda been there in the 3rd. That said, 25 is fine IMO. IF he works out and balls out for 5 years he was more than worth the pick and trouble. If you can't sign him long term you could still franchise tag him. But yeah, he's not a 2nd rounder IMO. My god, Witten was a 3rd rounder. This kid couldn't carry JW's jock

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have an idea. Why don't Jerry and son just let the second round pick be decided by fan vote. I'm 99% sure we could do better than their scouting department.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I was just giving an example that
NFL.com??? Oh ok then it must be a great pick. So Torrence is sitting there. They need a G badly. Torrence is a stud. They draft a backup TE. That make sense to you?
What do you really know about Torrence? I was listening to moving the Chains on Sirius XM NFL the other day. Pat Kirwan is one of the hosts. He was once an NFL scout and a front office guy. He said that Torrence was right guard. Despite what the player says he isn’t going to project to left guard in the NFL. Said he had talked to some OLine coaches about him. So do we bench Zack Martin and put this guy in?

I don’t personally know but maybe that was why Dallas passed on him. I won’t pretend like I really know jack about these guys.

davey999

Reaction score
Patience my friend. A guard at 90 and the right RB tomorrow and things look pretty good.
Kind of like expecting a 3rd wr last year to help us? Cowboys rely way too much on the draft and not enough in free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.