NFL DRAFT PROFILE 4:: Aaron Ross, CB, Texas

TDH

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1443270 said:
He was the "best" corner on the 112th best pass defense in D-1 last year

No thanks

Yeah, thats the thing. I mean i am not a UT fan, but i watched enough games to realize that their pass D was TERRIBLE. And now Griffin is supposed to be a possible 1st rder, ross won the jim thorpe award, and their other corner (tarrel brown???-cant rember name) is supposedly 2/3 rd talent (although character issues are pushing him to the 5th)???? I dont understand it. Even if they got 0 pressure...112th pass defense? And both their DE's will be drafted this year. I wanna like/want ross, but i cant make sense of this?

YoungBuck

Reaction score
HardHittingRoy31;1442744 said:
Now is that all on him or was there no pressure up front? I would say a whole lot of that has to go on the front 7.:bang2:

Maybe I can help out a little with this..

No there was no pressure upfront. DC Gene Chizik's priorites were stopping the run, stopping the run, and after than he was worried about stopping the run. He relied on his pass rush to come from two players at DE (sound familiar?) he hated blitzing, and would never change from his base formation no matter how many WRs a team would send out. He chose instead to stick with his LBs in coverage and be strong against the run.

Aaron Ross also had ZERO help over the top. As I said Chizik focus' on stopping the run, so Mike Griffin spent a lot of his time at the line, with sub par FS help over the top (again, sound familiar?) provided by Marcus Griffin.

No thanks

You're right, and Champ Bailey was the "best" corner on the 21st ranked pass defense, along with Terence Newman being the "best" corner on the 23rd ranked pass defense.

Good call!

Aikbach

Reaction score
If he's around at #22 he'd be a great value pick. Perfect to take over for Aaron Glenn in a year and maybe Henry in two.

Aikbach

Reaction score

No thanks
Get over it, I'm no fan of Texas but we've put up with Aggies on the team, you can put up with a Longhorn, especially one with National Champion experience.

Thinking before posting would save you much grief my friend instead of looking for a way to insert A&M propaganda and fantasy into reality at every turn.

T-New41

Shut 'em Down
Reaction score
Ross is a very good corner. He is aggressive on the ball, and that is probably why he gives up the occasional big play. The only games I remember him getting burned in was Ohio State and KSU.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Aikbach;1443313 said:
If he's around at #22 he'd be a great value pick. Perfect to take over for Aaron Glenn in a year and maybe Henry in two.

I have problems seeing A Glenn even making the final Roster.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Ross may turn out to be a good CB but he scares the heck out of me, he was getting burned a lot at the end of the season even Iowa WR was treating him like a step sister

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I don't want this players......let's go with Ginn Jr......a difference maker

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
if you need a shutdown cornerback, you are advised to look elsewhere
~ NFL.com

'nuff said. Doesn't matter is he is a horn or not. He is a "pretty" pick. He's right there with Sammy Davis.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
I'm really skeptical that Ross is going to be worth a 1st round pick. There were just wayyy too many lapses in his play, especially late his Jr/Sr years at UT to trust using that pick on him.

I'd pass.

Aikbach

Reaction score
eduncan22;1443324 said:
I have problems seeing A Glenn even making the final Roster.
Why is that? Dallas has nothing better at this time.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Aikbach;1443773 said:
Why is that? Dallas has nothing better at this time.

Its called agenda ...... he has been crying about Glenn and Henry since last year .....

He will break out a still photo in a minute.

YoungBuck

Reaction score
DanTanna;1443516 said:
~ NFL.com

'nuff said. Doesn't matter is he is a horn or not. He is a "pretty" pick. He's right there with Sammy Davis.

Let me introduce you to Terence Newman..

There's no need for him to be a shut-down corner that matches up with team's best player, we have a guy for that. We just need a steady performer that can learn for a year and provide stability opposite TNew. And while he's doing that, he'll return a few punts for TDs in his career.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Aikbach;1443315 said:
Get over it, I'm no fan of Texas but we've put up with Aggies on the team, you can put up with a Longhorn, especially one with National Champion experience.

Thinking before posting would save you much grief my friend instead of looking for a way to insert A&M propaganda and fantasy into reality at every turn.

Propaganda? Ross was the #1 corner on one of the worst pass defenses in the country, those are facts.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Aside from the fact that he gives up a lot of big plays, do you really want to draft THIS guy?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2822133&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos2

Track Star Girlfriend pushes Texas' Ross

He felt out of place and frustrated while waiting to get to UT. But writing poetry helped Ross cope with his emotions.

Richards said she expects to receive Ross' draft news by text message. Perhaps he will send word in a poem.

Ross read one of his poems when he accepted the Thorpe Award. It honored those he loved. In one of the couplets devoted to Richards, Ross acknowledged how much of a game-breaker she was in his development:

"Before the season we vowed to be our best and with you at my side it was hard to be anything less"

Oh. My. God.

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Wait, wait, wait....

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

http://i2.***BLOCKED***/albums/y20/nboucher/J-TrainOwned.gif

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score