NFL DRAFT PROFILE 4:: Aaron Ross, CB, Texas

jimmy40

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan;1444374 said:
First of all I have to start off by saying, I like your sig. Second, what happen did Aaron Ross pop that dude that was running?
only an idiot aggie would show a 280 pound running back with a full head of steam going against a 190 pound DB standing still and brag about some owned crap. :rolleyes: All that vid shows is the DB has some huge balls to take that guy on.

jay cee

Reaction score
jimmy40;1444442 said:
only an idiot aggie would show a 280 pound running back with a full head of steam going against a 190 pound DB standing still and brag about some owned crap. :rolleyes: All that vid shows is the DB has some huge balls to take that guy on.

:lmao: no doubt jimmy. Lane probably has run over lineman and linebackers also.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Personally...If we are going to take a DB (one that will probably be in our range) I think I would take Ross over Griffin...however I think I would also take Reggie Nelson over either of those two.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
YoungBuck;1443307 said:
You're right, and Champ Bailey was the "best" corner on the 21st ranked pass defense, along with Terence Newman being the "best" corner on the 23rd ranked pass defense.

Good call!
Nice one, very nice. I love it when personal agendas are called out...... :lmao:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
YoungBuck;1443307 said:
You're right, and Champ Bailey was the "best" corner on the 21st ranked pass defense, along with Terence Newman being the "best" corner on the 23rd ranked pass defense.

Good call!

There's a big difference between being the 23rd best out of 32 teams and being the 112th best out of 117 teams

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I believe with the right team, Aaron Ross is going to be a monster "pick-off physical conerback"

joseephuss

Reaction score
I like Ross in the 2nd round. I don't know why he is rated as a 1st rounder. I really don't understand why Griffin is rated as a 1st day pick.

Texas pass rush was bad. Sure they had 36 sacks or 3 a game that ranked them like 10th in the nation. At least that was the ranking I found, which I was surprised at. They didn't seem to get many critical sacks and more importantly just get pressure. Whether that was on 3rd downs or in the 4th quarter or whatever, they just were not good or consistent at getting pressure. That can hurt a secondary, especially one that has two safeties that are poor in coverage and the other cornback spt that was manned by an unreliable Brown(drug problems) or his freshman replacement.

Ross was a good corner and reminds me of a young Aaron Glenn. Like I said, a 2nd round pick on him would be fine if he is there when Dallas picks.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
joseephuss;1445203 said:
I like Ross in the 2nd round. I don't know why he is rated as a 1st rounder. I really don't understand why Griffin is rated as a 1st day pick.

Texas pass rush was bad. Sure they had 36 sacks or 3 a game that ranked them like 10th in the nation. At least that was the ranking I found, which I was surprised at. They didn't seem to get many critical sacks and more importantly just get pressure. Whether that was on 3rd downs or in the 4th quarter or whatever, they just were not good or consistent at getting pressure. That can hurt a secondary, especially one that has two safeties that are poor in coverage and the other cornback spt that was manned by an unreliable Brown(drug problems) or his freshman replacement.

Ross was a good corner and reminds me of a young Aaron Glenn. Like I said, a 2nd round pick on him would be fine if he is there when Dallas picks.

2nd Round?:eek: Did you look at the guy clips? Guess not. Reason for opinion.:rolleyes:

joseephuss

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan;1445500 said:
2nd Round?:eek: Did you look at the guy clips? Guess not. Reason for opinion.:rolleyes:

I've watched almost every game the guy has played since I live in Austin. I have followed college football for a long time especially Texas and A&M. I didn't need to watch a highlight clip that only shows the good plays. I have seen both good and bad from the guy. He is pretty good, but not 1st round good in my opinion. You may not agree and that is fine, but don't assume I know nothing about the guy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
joseephuss;1445527 said:
I've watched almost every game the guy has played since I live in Austin. I have followed college football for a long time especially Texas and A&M. I didn't need to watch a highlight clip that only shows the good plays. I have seen both good and bad from the guy. He is pretty good, but not 1st round good in my opinion. You may not agree and that is fine, but don't assume I nothing about the guy.

I admit Ross scares me some what his play towards the end of the season really was poor and while some will blame it on lack of pressure that does not change the fact he was beaten badly. I know he has the physical tools to be a very good CB and with some work he could develop into a very good pro but with the 1st pick I think this is a big time hit or miss type pick.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1445113 said:
Not really :rolleyes:
Aww c'mon, you have a bias against Texas players just like Longhorn supporters have one against Aggie players. No need to hide from it.....just overcome it for the betterment of the Cowboys..... :D