Draft Day ***NFL Draft Third Round thread***

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
  • Chauncey Golston DE Iowa......Not the worst pick. He looks like he could be a dude....can spell D-Law....More I think about it....I like the pick. Strong side LDE...can help stop the run. We needed a guy to do the dirty work.
5f8b89484798a.image.jpg
Uh oh. That means he’s going to be a bust.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's solid. I like the move. He's a fierce pass rusher and a good run stopper. Also good on special teams. Basically, a DE and football player. I love this draft!

I hope you give us a good analysis thread come Sunday after everything settles down. Seems you know more about these picks than many. I know more so the me.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
so the corner we drafted barely played in college and is a year or two from starting in the nfl

we still have no free safety

we still have no run stuffing DT

same **** another year
They drafted Osa which is a run stuffing DT

Reactions: CWR

plasticman

Reaction score
I think the Cowboy management did a convincing job demonstrating a commitment to improving the defense.

As far as weight concerns, I've seen a lot of guys drafted with the intention of bulking them up through a weight program. That's much better than getting a big heavy guy that lacks quickness and struggles with weight problems during his career.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Golston is a terrible pick. Where dies he play? Anae and Armstrong are still on the team. They draft OO just before. Seriously this is a bad pick. Not sure this guy makes the roster. Just weird.
Thanks for your input Coach Parcells.

kumizi

Reaction score
105.3 is describing this class so far as guys with high floors but not necessarily super high ceilings. They need young guys who can come in and be dependable contributors and that’s what they’re looking for according to the guys on air.
our 2nd rd pick seems to be the opposite

4.3 speed and good size. has barely played and knucklehead

Whyjerry

Reaction score
This is the most disappointed I’ve been in a draft since 2009. Before you jump on me, yes we got much better players this draft than 2009 but we had opportunities to get vastly better players and just whiffed every round missing out on better players because either we wouldn’t pay the price to get who we needed or just had our heads up our butts and threw a dart to make our selection.
I totally agree. It’s depressing. This team is run by idiots. This draft is a reminder. The last 2 picks have been squandered.

Sydla

Reaction score
  • Chauncey Golston DE Iowa......Not the worst pick. He looks like he could be a dude....can spell D-Law....More I think about it....I like the pick. Strong side LDE...can help stop the run. We needed a guy to do the dirty work.
5f8b89484798a.image.jpg

He’s useless if the DTs are getting mailed.

Their aversion to investing in big DTs is bizarre.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
105.3 is describing this class so far as guys with high floors but not necessarily super high ceilings. They need young guys who can come in and be dependable contributors and that’s what they’re looking for according to the guys on air.
It is absolutely how you get to .500 over 25 years.

Warm bodies

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The biggest concern is that there's no accountability within the scouting dept. Their strategy here is to draft 10 defensive players and hopefully one can be a difference-maker.
Our overall success in the draft has been above average