NFL Files Suit for Hardy File 2 hours after signing

GusTheo

Reaction score
Let's be real, it makes sense. Why wouldn't the league want to look at all the details and facts before making a decision on him. Isn't that what they're supposed to do, especially after this whole Ray Rice thing?

I'm personally not worried. Going off of what I've read and hunch, if he does any time whatsoever it's 2 games max.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm betting the Cowboys knew full well and were in touch with the commish

I would actually take you up on that bet. I think they have an idea, but they don't know. The commish doesn't know...

Corso

Reaction score
unless Mara has already told him what the punishment should be?

I actually don't subscribe to such conspiracy theories, but I don't completely discount the possibility either.
I certainly hope not though. What a farce of a league this would be and it would eventually come out and damage them at some point. Even if it was 30 years from now.
I'm not so naive to think that stuff has never happened, but they can't be so blatant so many times so often and expect zero repercussions.

No. I just don't think so. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Let's be real, it makes sense. Why wouldn't the league want to look at all the details and facts before making a decision on him. Isn't that what they're supposed to do, especially after this whole Ray Rice thing?

I'm personally not worried. Going off of what I've read and hunch, if he does any time whatsoever it's 2 games max.

Enough is enough. the guy was told he could not play for 15 out of 16 weeks last year. is that not enough? if it's about the money he was paid not to play, who's fault was that. Hardy did not put himself on that list. that's something Goodell and the owners came up with.the man did wrong and got punished by not being allowed to play what amounts to a full year. WHEN IS ENOUGH, ENOUGH ? let this man get back to playing football.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Enough is enough. the guy was told he could not play for 15 out of 16 weeks last year. is that not enough? if it's about the money he was paid not to play, who's fault was that. Hardy did not put himself on that list. that's something Goodell and the owners came up with.the man did wrong and got punished by not being allowed to play what amounts to a full year. WHEN IS ENOUGH, ENOUGH ? let this man get back to playing football.

That's the fact Jack!!!!!

Corso

Reaction score

Always a good read, Vic. Keep on truckin'.

GusTheo

Reaction score

I don't disagree.

Corso

Reaction score
I don't disagree.

Life isn't fair. Even to millionaire athletes and it trickles down to us, the fans, but what the NFL is doing is not unreasonable. You said so yourself.
Now if they lay the hammer down- which they have not as of yet, then that should continue this discussion further.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
The NFL's request was denied the first time. There's no reason to believe they'll be granted access this time.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Here is a fun post on the collision of two CBZ favorites - ignorance and ESPN. I was at the gym and saw the ESPN feed with close caption. Mark Schlereth was asked about Hardy and his comment was that it was an opportunity for veterans to mentor Hardy. He said that what Hardy did was "horrible and reprehensible, but everyone deserves a second chance".

Like it or not, the media narrative has been set and the facts aren't going to change it.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Nope. the guy missed 15 games last year. no matter if he was paid or not. the guy was told he could not play for 15 weeks. that is an entire year. when is enough a enough?he did wrong. he got punished for it. and some people still want more blood. in my opinion it's time to let this man play football.

He did get paid so he missed nothing.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Looks like John Mara is already crying to Goodell about this. watch out.

Yep, the only fair thing to do is take another $20 million in cap space away from Dallas...................and Dallas should feel lucky they are not giving up picks as well.

LOL

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The NFL's request was denied the first time. There's no reason to believe they'll be granted access this time.

Didn't the Court say they gave everything back after the bench trial and the the DA basically said they don't have it either. Hardy's team should not be forced to turn over privileged material that could only hurt their client.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Since his salary is 750k this year the League would be smarter to take the 6 games checks from last years 13.1m

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I having a feeling that all teams were probably notified that if they signed Hardy that they would take this action well before FA.