Twitter: NFL fines WR CeeDee Lamb $10,300 for waving goodbye to Patriots DB Jalen Mills after TD

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Rodgers isn't the GOAT, for one. Two, imagine suggesting that swearing at opposing fans is a boss move while defending a taunting penalty.
Classless.

EXACTLY! All Ceedee did was wave, and he got fined. Rodgers CURSES at fans, who pay his contract by going to the games, no fine! He basically destroyed his own argument with that.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
What’s your point? He still shouldn’t be pushed 2 yards into the end zone.

If Brady or Rogers did the exact same thing as CD. What would the ref have done? He would have thrown a flag for a late hit!

My point is you tried to suggest Lamb was running full speed the whole way. He clearly didn't. At least make an argument without trying to skew facts.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You're ignoring that they're 2 completely different things. Fans aren't bound by NFL player rules. Players are. It's no different than Pearson taunting Eagles fans at the draft that one year. If you liked that move but hate Rodgers', well that's inconsistent, isn't it?

No more inconsistent than what you are talking about. All Ceedee did was wave. Rodgers CURSED at fans. So yeah, those are two different things. Yet the lesser thing got fined. But yeah, keep calling Rodgers GOAT. I'm sure Tom Brady agrees with that.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I hope that this is just an ignorant post and not a straight up lie to support conspiracy theories.

In reality.......Toney was fined $12k+ (and ejected) for the punch.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/gm...iants-kadarius-toney-fine-throwing-punch/amp/
I was thinking suspension with Toney, so yeah cool he got fined too.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Rodgers isn't the GOAT, for one. Two, imagine suggesting that swearing at opposing fans is a boss move while defending a taunting penalty.
Classless.

No, I'm talking about what's technically taunting in game play. If Lamb had waved bye to the fans, which he did later, that is no problem. You can't do it to other players. Rodgers didn't do it to another player. Come on now. You saying the likes of Crazy Ray back in the day was classless? Fans here can't yearn for the yore of yesteryear when rivalries were king and then slam a guy that harkens back to those days. Inconsistent.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Oh no, Ceedee walked into the endzone on a walkoff touchdown? Oh my! Stop the presses! I'm sure that's a fineable offense.

Lamb didn't slow down in the field of play while looking back at the DB to taunt him?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Lamb didn't slow down in the field of play while looking back at the DB to taunt him?

Oh, so he looked at him? Oh my! He looked at an opponent while walking it off. Goodness me!! I've seen worse than that in English football that never even gets looked at. Honestly, how soft must Mills' mind be?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Oh, so he looked at him? Oh my! He looked at an opponent while walking it off. Goodness me!! I've seen worse than that in English football that never even gets looked at. Honestly, how soft must Mills' mind be?

So that's a yes, right? Thanks for playing.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
A clash of egos. Cee Dee started it with premature celebrating, Mills (like most ultra competitive, alpha DB’s) lost it and shoved him harder than he should have, and Lamb retaliated. He showed restraint to avoid a flag with the smirky wave, knowing full well that it would infuriate Mills. Goodell didn’t like a Cowboy “getting away with one”, and fined him.

You know what would be HILARIOUS? If Lamb put on his best suit, had a photographer do a nice 8 X 10, autograph it and stick it in a Manila envelope, along with a $10,300 check written out to Roger Goodell. Include a note: “Best wishes, with warm regards, Cee Dee Lamb”!

Think it would make Lamb a bigger target?

That's not what happened at all. Lamb was shoved first.

LovinItAll

Reaction score

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The “NFL hates Dallas conspiracy theories” are so tiresome along with “the refs were paid off” stuff.

Truth is the NFL would absolutely love to see Dallas in the SB. It would be a ratings bonanza. The league has for years put Dallas in prime time games even when we were bad. Dallas sells. The NFL is always FIRST about making money.

Secondly- the refereeing in this league is often bad. But it is not corrupt. There’s a big difference. For everyone screaming we “had to beat the refs and the pats” last week- if that was true, why did those “corrupt refs” not call a clear face mask penalty on Anthony Brown on 3rd down in OT that would have given the pats a first down in Dallas territory? The answer is because they aren’t very consistent or accurate. But that’s not corrupt or an anti-Cowboys conspiracy.
Sorry, BH. You're wrong in my book. The officials and league office do this to the Cowboys ALL THE TIME.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No, I'm talking about what's technically taunting in game play. If Lamb had waved bye to the fans, which he did later, that is no problem. You can't do it to other players. Rodgers didn't do it to another player. Come on now. You saying the likes of Crazy Ray back in the day was classless? Fans here can't yearn for the yore of yesteryear when rivalries were king and then slam a guy that harkens back to those days. Inconsistent.
You're dancing hard around the point. But whatever.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Any decision the NFL makes that I disagree with, I think to myself, “well at least they don't allow sex trafficking of cheerleaders”.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Rodgers didn't do it to another player? Are you blind or did you fail to see Rodgers do the championship belt discount double check move in front of his waist while looking at the Bears defenders as Rodgers was getting up after scoring the winning TD?

Where are the "taunting" fines against Rodgers for that?

Answer: 0

There definitely is bias by the officials and the NFL. Clear as day.

Stop trolling.

Last edited:
Reactions: G2