Twitter: NFL fines WR CeeDee Lamb $10,300 for waving goodbye to Patriots DB Jalen Mills after TD

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
they both were fined for the exact same thing. Sorry you cant see that. Whether he crossed the goal line before or after is not the issue. The fine is for the same thing. Taunting. The push afterwards had nothing to do with it.
“Taunting” after being pushed to the ground—a late hit after the game was over... Can you see that he actually showed restraint in not throwing a punch or pushing back?

Most men hate being pushed to the ground. That was not within the rules.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think I agree with 99% of everything you post. On this one, I understand what you're saying, I just disagree. I genuinely thought Mills was out of line. The game was over. CeeDee was well past the goal line and Mills intentionally shoved him to the ground. Mills then went to CeeDee and was getting in his face. CeeDee asks him what he's going to do. Mills obviously isn't going to do anything at that point. Knowing that, CeeDee waves BYE. So, I disagree that he was taunting at all. I don't like any of that stuff, but I think it was a coaching issue and not an NFL executive issue.

If I were his coach, the wave wouldn't do anything for me. HOWEVER, I've seen far too many games where a player lets up and ends up not scoring for one reason or another. Celebrating before you score is foolish and I'd have no issue if McCarthy decided to rip him a new one for it.

The NFL are 100% hypocrites for then using the wave in the advertising for the sport. 100% crap. The whole incident should have been handled by the coaches of their respective teams, not with fines by the NFL. There's no way for the NFL to have any sort of consistency when you start fining players for waving when the other player is in the face. Heck, the NFL is actually using the incident to promote the NFL. The coaches need to be the ones to clean up that kind of stuff, not pencil pushers.
I agree the fine was not needed....but a flag could not have enforced because the game was over....

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Respect Bob. And you’re right. There’s no conspiracy, but I’d argue there may be a bias among refs who are really just “former”fans that get to enforce rules now.
The cowboys are the most popular and most hated.

I’ve stated in another thread about the unique calls against us over recent years. The illegal huddle, delay of game on defense, false start on long snapper—I’ve only seen these called on us. All of them. I’m not sure another team has had one of them called.

What’s your opinion on these rare calls happening to one team?
I understand and agree that some of those calls on us were extremely rare. But the fact is they haven’t only been called on us. They are RARE, but they have been called on other teams too, but it’s so rare it seems like it’s just us.

The illegal huddle call I have personally seen called two other times- one this year- against the raiders. I’ve also seen it called against the ravens last year. It’s is almost never called because it very rarely happens. Not sure about the call against the long snapper.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Respect Bob. And you’re right. There’s no conspiracy, but I’d argue there may be a bias among refs who are really just “former”fans that get to enforce rules now.
The cowboys are the most popular and most hated.

I’ve stated in another thread about the unique calls against us over recent years. The illegal huddle, delay of game on defense, false start on long snapper—I’ve only seen these called on us. All of them. I’m not sure another team has had one of them called.

What’s your opinion on these rare calls happening to one team?
While I don't think it's a product of dislike or bias, let's throw in the call "quarterback In the grasp" of his own offensive lineman. That's the only time I've ever heard of that being called.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
While I don't think it's a product of dislike or bias, let's throw in the call "quarterback In the grasp" of his own offensive lineman. That's the only time I've ever heard of that being called.
Yeah, I remember that!! I was like, "seriously...it was one of our OWN lineman!!" smdh

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I understand and agree that some of those calls on us were extremely rare. But the fact is they haven’t only been called on us. They are RARE, but they have been called on other teams too, but it’s so rare it seems like it’s just us.

The illegal huddle call I have personally seen called two other times- one this year- against the raiders. I’ve also seen it called against the ravens last year. It’s is almost never called because it very rarely happens. Not sure about the call against the long snapper.
How about the one I mentioned above, when they called it a sack, when Dak was "in the grasp" of his own offensive lineman? Ever seen that before?
:laugh:

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The “NFL hates Dallas conspiracy theories” are so tiresome along with “the refs were paid off” stuff.

Truth is the NFL would absolutely love to see Dallas in the SB. It would be a ratings bonanza. The league has for years put Dallas in prime time games even when we were bad. Dallas sells. The NFL is always FIRST about making money.

Secondly- the refereeing in this league is often bad. But it is not corrupt. There’s a big difference. For everyone screaming we “had to beat the refs and the pats” last week- if that was true, why did those “corrupt refs” not call a clear face mask penalty on Anthony Brown on 3rd down in OT that would have given the pats a first down in Dallas territory? The answer is because they aren’t very consistent or accurate. But that’s not corrupt or an anti-Cowboys conspiracy.
But Bob, every fan base feels the refs hate their team. That's just part of the game. I've heard it from fans of every team in the league.

I do think the way Ezekiel was treated certainly persuaded many here of the commissioner's bias. I know there are fans on both sides of that decision, but something just felt wrong about it.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But Bob, every fan base feels the refs hate their team. That's just part of the game. I've heard it from fans of every team in the league.
Me too. My brother in law lives in Denver and is a Broncos fan. He thinks they get screwed every week by the refs. All fan bases believe that.

One other funny reference is how often you hear fans say the announcers are “pro ______” (name the “other” team) Like Cowboys fans often say Joe Buck and Troy are anti-Cowboys, lol. When they are actually just neutral and will praise the team that is playing well. If your team happens to not be playing well they are going to point that out.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

Maybe it’s time for me to let go of some possibly misplaced anger/frustration.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Me too. My brother in law lives in Denver and is a Broncos fan. He thinks they get screwed every week by the refs. All fan bases believe that.

One other funny reference is how often you hear fans say the announcers are “pro ______” (name the “other” team) Like Cowboys fans often say Joe Buck and Troy are anti-Cowboys, lol. When they are actually just neutral and will praise the team that is playing well. If your team happens to not be playing well they are going to point that out.
Honestly, there are some QBs who seem to get preferential treatment. You know the names. Every fan base knows those names, so I think there's something to it. I don't think the officials were told to do it, but they certainly seem to protect some more than others