Twitter: NFL fines WR CeeDee Lamb $10,300 for waving goodbye to Patriots DB Jalen Mills after TD

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Honestly, there are some QBs who seem to get preferential treatment. You know the names. Every fan base knows those names, so I think there's something to it. I don't think the officials were told to do it, but they certainly seem to protect some more than others
Like when the ref committed defensive holding on the Philly player trying to block Brady

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Taunting is yet another subjective judgement call the refs shouldn't be responsible for. They have enough trouble getting clearly obvious calls right. They don't need any more gray area.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
iOZ9PMx.png

I guess one hurts feelings the other doesn't lol.
Exactly!
One was a blatant late hit which could have caused an injury to CD and the other was teasing!!!!

Does the stupid NFL know why CD waved at him?
BECAUSE Mills PUSHED HIM WAY AFTER THE TD!!!!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Why should Jerry take care of it? It need to come out of Lamb's paycheck! Stop babying our players. They don't even know what personal responsiblity is. Look at Rams players, they don't even celebrate when they score touchdowns.
Rams players don’t celebrate when they score?
I find that unbelievable and I haven’t seen the Rams play this year. Players today have to celebrate. It is how, most of them, grew up playing the game.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Would have made more sense to fine him for the pre-score showboating.

I get it. That type of stuff will inevitably lead to a brawl, but choose the right action to fine. Pretty sure Golden Tate was fined for waving goodbye prior to crossing the goal line a number of years back.
Fining him for waving, after Mills blatantly pushes him late, makes no sense!

Just like the country we live in today.

ESisback

Reaction score
A clash of egos. Cee Dee started it with premature celebrating, Mills (like most ultra competitive, alpha DB’s) lost it and shoved him harder than he should have, and Lamb retaliated. He showed restraint to avoid a flag with the smirky wave, knowing full well that it would infuriate Mills. Goodell didn’t like a Cowboy “getting away with one”, and fined him.

You know what would be HILARIOUS? If Lamb put on his best suit, had a photographer do a nice 8 X 10, autograph it and stick it in a Manila envelope, along with a $10,300 check written out to Roger Goodell. Include a note: “Best wishes, with warm regards, Cee Dee Lamb”!

Think it would make Lamb a bigger target?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
That would be a 15 yard penalty if a player did that during the game. I knew he would get fined the moment it happened cause they can't assess a penalty cause it was a walkoff td to end the game.
Did you also know the league WOULD NOT fine Mills for his late hit, which actually could have injured CD?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
If a player is going to slow up before crossing the goal line, he's fair game. Contact in the endzone happens all the time. Just because it wouldn't have happened without the player slow-playing the score, doesn't mean it should be any different. Had Lamb been in a full sprint to cross the line and contact occurred exactly the same, nobody would care.
Your wrong!
If CD was running full speed and pushed in exactly the same way, way after he crossed the goal. It should have been a late hit or unsportsmanlike conduct.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Yet, Rodgers taunts fans with he owns them, and not a fine. Hmmm, but, since it's Rodgers, I'm sure you're fine with that.

Yes, I am fine with that. Rodgers is the GOAT of QB play and that was a boss move. And there's no foul for taunting of fans, only other players. Ooopsies. Lol.

Obviously, you got saddled with the Patrick Price instead of the Rodgers Rate so I understand the frustration.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Since they're cracking down on taunting, he should have been fined. However, it's hypocrisy to fine him AND use it for ad purposes. The shove, which likely prompted the taunt, should have been fined as well.

There's no conspiracy. There's just a ridiculous lack of consistency by the NFL in enforcement. That's frustrating. The wave goodbye had no chance of injuring the other player except his poor little feelings. The shove after the TD could have injured Lamb.

Agree on the hypocrisy of the ad thing. And it wasn't the wave. It was the slowing down while in play and looking back at the DB. The fact that Lamb could have been injured is why he shouldn't have done it in the first place. If Mills wanted to be a real jerk, Lamb could have been done for the season. And for what?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Your wrong!
If CD was running full speed and pushed in exactly the same way, way after he crossed the goal. It should have been a late hit or unsportsmanlike conduct.

Except he wasn't running full speed. He slowed down to look back at the DB.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes, I am fine with that. Rodgers is the GOAT of QB play and that was a boss move. And there's no foul for taunting of fans, only other players. Ooopsies. Lol.

Obviously, you got saddled with the Patrick Price instead of the Rodgers Rate so I understand the frustration.

So, it's a boss move when Rodgers does it, but, when a Cowboy does it after getting shoved, it's a foul. Got it.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
So, it's a boss move when Rodgers does it, but, when a Cowboy does it after getting shoved, it's a foul. Got it.

You're ignoring that they're 2 completely different things. Fans aren't bound by NFL player rules. Players are. It's no different than Pearson taunting Eagles fans at the draft that one year. If you liked that move but hate Rodgers', well that's inconsistent, isn't it?