NFL Insider Peter King thinks Adrian Peterson will play in Dallas next season

supercowboy8

Reaction score
This has the makings of Eddie George Part 2.

EG was done before he came to Dallas. We haven't had a chance to see AP this year but last year he was great still. I'm fine with brining him in but just hope it's cheap 1 or 2 year deal.

Dirtjunkie

Reaction score

petersontd.gif

tumblr_mql3xlmTdO1r93xiko1_500.gif

Would be awesome, but is there ANY way we can afford him?

yentl911

Reaction score
Peterson is a beast and will be more than rested after sitting the season this year.

AD behind this line would be epic but I would rather pay Murray. He is great at everything and has paid his dues here. He deserves to be paid and I hope he stays - solid guy and seems like a great teammate with no baggage.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
So Peterson would backup Murray? Yeah, I don't see that happening.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'm in agreement with Peter King.

I think Murray prices himself out of the Cowboys' range and Peterson comes cheaper due to the circumstances of reputation and location.

Yeah, that could happen. I won't deny that. I just don't think it will. The team has options and AP would be one of them. I don't see Murray leaving though, and if he's here going after AP is a bit foolish given the fact that we're going to pay Murray.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I like the idea of cutting Randle on Monday and promoting Ryan Williams to the 53.

I like the idea of letting Murray go elsewhere at the end of the season to get his HUGE pay day, and us signing Peterson to a 2 year, 8 million dollar deal.

Anyone have an idea of the compensation pick we might get if we let Murray go?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Any deal for AP would have to be low base salary, extremely incentive-laden, with a backup that we feel comfortable with starting in a pinch.

Come to Dallas if you want Super Bowl ring.

Here is his sign "will play for ring"

Base salary.

I know, I know... Ain't hapenin!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It's too early for me to get worked up over this. But is AP still struggling with fumbles or has he kicked that habit?

Nirvana

Reaction score
After sleeping on this, it makes even more sense. Consider it done.

lqmac1

Reaction score
I think this deal make sense for both sides. Adrian Peterson has already made his money in this league, I'm sure he's looking to play for a contender. It does not hurt that he has from the area and grew up a big-time Cowboys fan.

Aven8

Reaction score
I would prefer Murray but that's just me. A complete back and younger.

However I could see NE all over him, or somebody like the Gents. That would suck!

Fredd

Reaction score
the irony here, to me, is that we have players that have quit on the team so that we can cut them and they go elsewhere...sounds like AP is doing a lil' bit-o-that in our (potential) favor in this instance

MackNorth

Reaction score
Too bad Peterson can't play for County Jail... I don't want him on the Cowboys. POS

Dodger12

Reaction score
I like Murray but AP would give this offense a homerun threat that Murray lacks. And AP is a tough runner to boot. There's nothing wrong with upgrading the roster for the right price and I'd love to see what AP can do behind this OL.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anyone have an idea of the compensation pick we might get if we let Murray go?

Most likley a 3rd if we arent active in FA

Could be a 2nd if someone really breaks the bank to give him McCoy money and we aren't very active in FA