NFL Insider Peter King thinks Adrian Peterson will play in Dallas next season

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I would welcome AD on a moderate contract next year than have Murray on a premium one. AD is the superior player and it isn't really close. Also sign me up for AD after a year away from the grind of football.

reddyuta

Reaction score
its unbelieveable how some are underatting AD,he is still great and has atleast 2 years left in him and he wants to play for us!!.

ps-he doesnt fumble every game.

weaver21

Reaction score
I think some are forgetting how good AP is. Dude is a monster and now put him in a situation where he's gonna wanna prove himself? Wow... that's scary. I love Murray and he'd be my first option anyway in trying to re-sign him, but if we can't, I'd be all over AP for a possible one, two-year deal.

Derinyar

Reaction score
I like Murray. I don't think he's the best RB in the league. Right now he has the best stats, but that's not only about him. If you're looking mostly at running skills I think Peterson is special in the class of Sanders. Murray is probably better at the other aspects of the game. I think it comes strictly down to price. I don't like any RB in this league at 8 million a year. At 5 million I think about it. At 4 million I do it. If you can get Murray for 4-5 years or Peterson for 2-3 with the same per year, I think you go Peterson.

ghst187

Reaction score
Trade deadline passed us by a few days ago so that isn't possible until the off-season. Even then, I think other GMs would not give up a pick for Randle knowing his past. They might invite him to camp to compete for a spot, but that's it. They could use that pick on a good RB and be much happier. The guy comes with baggage at this point, and it's significant as players question his loyalty now. Who wants that on a team? He's really easy to replace.

Ravens are getting a pick of ours for Ro McClain

Reaction score
Any reason why Minnesota doesnt trade AP to the highest bidder (i.e. not release him)? If that's the case, he likely doesnt end up in Dallas...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's true which would make us both wrong.

LOL right. To be honest I knew AP was in his 30's but I wasn't quite sure about Demarco. Everyone keeps talking about Demarco's current age and AP's age NEXT YEAR which is where I got 26 from but he'll be 27. They're 3 years a part. That's HUGE at the RB position though.

Reaction score
Peter King, having an inside somewhere in the NFL.......Patriots/Belichick/Brady are the only things that come to mind

Last edited:

romothesavior

Reaction score
I think some are forgetting how good AP is. Dude is a monster and now put him in a situation where he's gonna wanna prove himself? Wow... that's scary. I love Murray and he'd be my first option anyway in trying to re-sign him, but if we can't, I'd be all over AP for a possible one, two-year deal.

Not to mention he would have the best offensive line of his career. Scary.

I still think I'd feel a bit icky rooting for him though.

lukin1966

Reaction score
So much for a culture change ... How about we bring in high character guys.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every time Petersons name come up I will have the same response. How does he help the defense specifically the pass rush?

Solution

Reaction score
Any reason why Minnesota doesnt trade AP to the highest bidder (i.e. not release him)? If that's the case, he likely doesnt end up in Dallas...

Typically teams around the league know not to trade for a player when the general consensus is that he will be cut. So I think it has less to do with him not having trade value, and more to do with the fact that teams would rather just battle it out in free agency instead of losing picks on what is sort of a sticky situation. Not to mention AP probably only wants to play for a select few teams, and likely would end up a disgruntled distraction if he doesn't go where we wants.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, that could happen. I won't deny that. I just don't think it will. The team has options and AP would be one of them. I don't see Murray leaving though, and if he's here going after AP is a bit foolish given the fact that we're going to pay Murray.

Oh yeah, it's either or, not both.

But I know the premium that Murray places on earnings and he's going for as much money as he can get.

No discounts with him.