NFL Insider Peter King thinks Adrian Peterson will play in Dallas next season

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Every time Petersons name come up I will have the same response. How does he help the defense specifically the pass rush?

Less fumbles given up by RB = less plays for our defense = more fresh Dallas D = more opportunities to get to the QB with fresh players

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any reason why Minnesota doesnt trade AP to the highest bidder (i.e. not release him)? If that's the case, he likely doesnt end up in Dallas...

Other than the fact that absolutely, positively nobody will take on that ridiculous contract?

The fact that they can't afford to keep him at that price either.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Give me AP, yeah he's 2 years older but the increase in talent over Murray makes up for the age difference.

Yeah AP is that good......if available.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I draw the line here...Adrian Peterson should never wear a Cowboys uniform....he's a scumbag, always has been, and I'll be mildly surprised if he ever plays anywhere in the NFL again. Just say NO!

Gameover

Reaction score
I guess a guy going for 2,000 don't mean much.

Its all our ol right?

I wont no parts of AP in Dallas.

Murray will walk and we'll sign that overrated Wr to QB money... see how far that get's ya!!

endersdragon

Reaction score
I think he is just as likely to play for the prison team against the guards... I see very very very little to suggest he will be here next year.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Less fumbles given up by RB = less plays for our defense = more fresh Dallas D = more opportunities to get to the QB with fresh players

Really.

It's a silly question anyway. Murray's contract is up. The Cowboys have to do something there regardless of their defensive needs.

btcutter

Reaction score
I like Murray. I don't think he's the best RB in the league. Right now he has the best stats, but that's not only about him. If you're looking mostly at running skills I think Peterson is special in the class of Sanders. Murray is probably better at the other aspects of the game. I think it comes strictly down to price. I don't like any RB in this league at 8 million a year. At 5 million I think about it. At 4 million I do it. If you can get Murray for 4-5 years or Peterson for 2-3 with the same per year, I think you go Peterson.

This pretty much mean AP for 2 years if AP will do it. I wouldn't sign any RB to 4-5 year deal now a days.
Murray is a good but not elite back. Yes, he is producing but you can see the obvious flaw....he just doesn't have that burst nor the extra gear to zip through a small hole and take it to the house.

crazytown41

Reaction score
It will happen. Jerry's been planning this for years. Wouldnt surprise me if he was the one that ratted him out :laugh:

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Really.

It's a silly question anyway. Murray's contract is up. The Cowboys have to do something there regardless of their defensive needs.

I don't care if Murray breaks the single-season rushing record; I'm not signing Murray to a long-term deal.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
Adrian Peterson is a Top 10 all time RB. I don't have any doubt the guy can ball. If he wants to play here on the cheap we would be fools not to give him a chance.

His character concerns are not related to his work ethic or locker room presence. His injury history is not an issue right now. He will have fresh legs after the time off. We have other guys on the team who have made mistakes. The redemption of Ro this season shows that kicking the tires on players can really pay off.

I could see another team willing to shell out more cash than us though. The guy is a future HOFer.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
You have to wait and see where Murray finishes.

Like Romo and his injury history..

Murray carries the same warning as Romo.

Beware building your team with injury-prone guys.

This team still is playing with fire with these guys.

Season could completely unravel right now.

This is usually where it all starts with this team.

Good start..poor finish.

Let's see.

I just wanted to show how much more i think of AP then Murray.
I dont think Murray will get 2k this year even if he does not get hurt.

AP is just a special player.

If we can get us 2-3 good defense players throu the daft and FA next year i would pay him 10 mils for a 1 year contract if we could get him in 2015.
He changes everything with our OL and could be the missing part to put us in the big game..

Staubacher

Reaction score
I just wanted to show how much more i think of AP then Murray.
I dont think Murray will get 2k this year even if he does not get hurt.

AP is just a special player.

If we can get us 2-3 good defense players throu the daft and FA next year i would pay him 10 mils for a 1 year contract if we could get him in 2015.
He changes everything with our OL and could be the missing part to put us in the big game..

AP in a second. Murray leaves too many yards in the open field and balls on the ground. AP is wayyy better