NFL is just sports entertainment?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Wrong. The hint is there we are talking about it. You dismiss everything because you don't want it to be true. That's called confirmation bias. Watch the videos and stop your silliness.

Confirmation bias is seeing random plays and concluding they are proof of something you can't actually prove.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The point, since you can't follow along is that pro sports can and have been corrupted. To act otherwise is blissful ignorance. Enjoy it.

The NFL has a $100 billion TV contract over the next 10 years, regardless of who wins and loses.

If you're going to claim corruption, and expect to be taken seriously, you need motive and evidence. You've got neither.

What you really are is a Cowboys fan who doesn't like the results of the last four games, so you're looking for a reason.

Where was all of this conspiracy stuff when the Cowboys were on a six-game winning streak? :rolleyes:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Apparently a lot of you think the NFL isn't legit, it's rigged. Refs more concerned with "their gambling buddies". Ok, those of you who think the league is more pro rasslin' than NCAA football convince me that yes the refs are dirty, and the games are rigged.

Been into pro football since the late 50's, the biggest change is the athletes involved, the game was never meant to be played by guys this big, fast and strong ,was never meant to be played on fake hard grass or 20 games in a season if playoffs.

Anyway....

Obviously the game started out legit, so when did it go from a sport to sports entertainment and rigged? Convince me the NFL is now rigged, you have the floor......

So before a game the refs get together and try to do all thy can to get the winner and the betting line covered, right? Make sure the Steelers cover that 5.5.....right?

mr RaZon--- sir i do not have the evidence to bring charges against your claim....the way this world is changing into nothing has to be true anymore just get a lot of money and bring a Narrative

only tells me i probably cannot find viable evidence to bring a charge against your claim......i must agree its all about the money....allow sports gambling for sure has people paid off big time and the true

evidence how much bigger and stronger atheletes are playing and much harder surfaces and counting playoffs we now play close to 2 seaons in one when NFL use to have 12 game seaons?....over 18 billion

NFL revenue this year.....i know people are paid off....why is it only CeeDee lamb being fined for having shirt untucked?....i watch a ton with other players other teams and nothing.....and the flop Raider QB made

Carr after bering hit with good hit...gets up like neck falling off then a flag comes....and Anthony Brown did deserve a couple DPI but not 4....its all about the money and those with the most usually have most power

CWR

Reaction score
The NFL has a $100 billion TV contract over the next 10 years, regardless of who wins and loses.

If you're going to claim corruption, and expect to be taken seriously, you need motive and evidence. You've got neither.

What you really are is a Cowboys fan who doesn't like the results of the last four games, so you're looking for a reason.

Where was all of this conspiracy stuff when the Cowboys were on a six-game winning streak? :rolleyes:

The same people were saying calm down, because we won the Pats game. They said Daks rushing TD called down vs Philly didn't matter. So lets not pretend it hasn't happened all season, and let's not pretend we weren't calling foul then as well.

CWR

Reaction score
You're the one taking the extreme. You're claiming a conspiracy while offering no proof to back up that claim.

Just because you type it out doesn't make it true. You're off on all accounts.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry prefers to label his "special purpose" as mere entertainment -- that way, he's not obliged to account for haplessly losing! :grin:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread, but I've always been against the idea that the NFL could be rigged for entertainment purposes. Anymore though, specifically the way the refs controlled the flow of the Raiders game last week, really makes me more open-minded to it all. Not to mention other games this season.

Remember this at the beginning of the season? "Let's just say......."

Look, I'm not there yet, but it sure is hard to ignore these days that something doesn't feel right.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Apparently a lot of you think the NFL isn't legit, it's rigged. Refs more concerned with "their gambling buddies". Ok, those of you who think the league is more pro rasslin' than NCAA football convince me that yes the refs are dirty, and the games are rigged.

Been into pro football since the late 50's, the biggest change is the athletes involved, the game was never meant to be played by guys this big, fast and strong ,was never meant to be played on fake hard grass or 20 games in a season if playoffs.

Anyway....

Obviously the game started out legit, so when did it go from a sport to sports entertainment and rigged? Convince me the NFL is now rigged, you have the floor......

So before a game the refs get together and try to do all thy can to get the winner and the betting line covered, right? Make sure the Steelers cover that 5.5.....right?

Saints were absurdly robbed in the playoffs. That one has no explanation but corruption.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Confirmation bias is seeing random plays and concluding they are proof of something you can't actually prove.
If they were random I would agree. It's not random though. I keep going back to the PI no-call at the end of the Saints/ Rams playoff game because it's the most blatant. You watch that play and tell me it was random and I'm going say that you are an idiot.

Reactions: CWR

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Think about this. The NFL makes money no matter who wins. They don't need to control anything, and they certainly don't need to screw the Dallas Cowboys.

They've got a $100 billion TV deal. All they need to do is play the games.

Only butt hurt fans delve into conspiracy nonsense, because it's easier than accepting that their favorite team is, once again, not good enough to win anything.

So what you are saying is that since these guys make 50M already, that they wouldn't do what it takes to try and make 200B.

I am not saying they are screwing the Cowboys, not at all. I am saying the league ownership controls every part of the game they can in order to make as much money as they can and to increase the VALUE of the NFL and make themselves more $$$$$.