NFL is just sports entertainment?

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Then we have real common sense.

Knowing te only way the NFL makes $$$$$ is to sell the game as being a legit athletic competition, any hint at it being otherwise you are out of business.

Do you really think a smart person gambles that people he doesn't really know won;t blow it? What would happen to Jerry Jones if it was found out he gambled against the Cowboys, well?

Stop the silliness.
I know quite a few multimillionaire businessmen. Years ago, We sat around drinking one night and this was the topic of conversation and the answer they gave me. Whether you think it is rigged, or controlled or whatever the only guarantee each and every one of these guys would give me is that men who make money control everything they can. It is how they make their money. None of them would say any professional sports were controlled or rigged, but ALL agreed that the men running it would control EVERY thing they could about it. Think about it.

RaZon

Reaction score
So you woul
I know quite a few multimillionaire businessmen. Years ago, We sat around drinking one night and this was the topic of conversation and the answer they gave me. Whether you think it is rigged, or controlled or whatever the only guarantee each and every one of these guys would give me is that men who make money control everything they can. It is how they make their money. None of them would say any professional sports were controlled or rigged, but ALL agreed that the men running it would control EVERY thing they could about it. Think about it.

So I gave it some serious thought, yep, I was wrong, it is rigged. All a fake.

So now what? What do the powers that be have our Cowboys this seasons, the plans for them are...???

So why did the owners want the Patriots to rule all those years? What do the honchos have against Detroit and Cleveland?

RaZon

Reaction score
The point, since you can't follow along is that pro sports can and have been corrupted. To act otherwise is blissful ignorance. Enjoy it.

Dude, what does boxing or the NBA have to do with the NFL, yep, nothing.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
So you woul

So now what? What do the powers that be have our Cowboys this seasons, the plans for them are...???

No clue, I watch for the entertainment. I have no expectations. Enjoy good football when you see it. When you see a game with 300+ yards of penalties followed by one that has 40 total yards of penalties and you know that a penalty can be called on any given play..............enjoy when it is your team that is getting the calls and doing well.

CWR

Reaction score
So you woul

So why did the owners want the Patriots to rule all those years? What do the honchos have against Detroit and Cleveland?

If you have to take it to the extreme to justify your argument, then perhaps your argument is weak. No one is implying every game is rigged and the results are predetermined.

RaZon

Reaction score
If you have to take it to the extreme to justify your argument, then perhaps your argument is weak. No one is implying every game is rigged and the results are predetermined.

So how does it work, just a few games are rigged? So how many refs are in on it? Who ordered these fixes? Why just some of the games rigged?

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Then we have real common sense.

Knowing te only way the NFL makes $$$$$ is to sell the game as being a legit athletic competition, any hint at it being otherwise you are out of business.

Do you really think a smart person gambles that people he doesn't really know won;t blow it? What would happen to Jerry Jones if it was found out he gambled against the Cowboys, well?

Stop the silliness.
Wrong. The hint is there we are talking about it. You dismiss everything because you don't want it to be true. That's called confirmation bias. Watch the videos and stop your silliness.

RaZon

Reaction score
Wrong. The hint is there we are talking about it. You dismiss everything because you don't want it to be true. That's called confirmation bias. Watch the videos and stop your silliness.

So it is all rigged the videos proved that, well I'll be damn. Ok so from now on just approach the NFL as if it were pro rasslin'.

Thanks for turning me on to how things really are.

Wonder who the powers that be have winning tonight?

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
The point, since you can't follow along is that pro sports can and have been corrupted. To act otherwise is blissful ignorance. Enjoy it.
It's a waste of time talking to this clown. He has his mind made up and nothing will change it. Open mindedness is seeing the shady bull**** and questioning it. Close-minded people see these things and dismiss them while making excuses. All the NFL has to do is ignore the accusers.

Reactions: CWR

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
So it is all rigged the videos proved that, well I'll be damn. Ok so from now on just approach the NFL as if it were pro rasslin'.

Thanks for turning me on to how things really are.

Wonder who the powers that be have winning tonight?
Did you watch it or not? I'm done wasting time with you. Have a good one.

Reactions: CWR

RaZon

Reaction score
Did you watch it or not? I'm done wasting time with you. Have a good one.

What did I just say my man? Ah.....yep the videos are proof....means what?

Here it is PROOF the games are rigged.

The Buc's lose that game without the call, right?

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
So how does it work, just a few games are rigged? So how many refs are in on it? Who ordered these fixes? Why just some of the games rigged?

Couldn't tell you, but nobody thinks it's a league wide secret as you put it. Its beyond far fetched at that point. If I thought like that I wouldn't bother to watch. The NBA example I gave you was relevant because it demonstrates how a single official can influence the outcome. There was another poster on this thread who spoke of a book written by an old ref. He mentioned the way outcomes were "massaged." Something like that is far more likely.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
@Diehardblues @MarcusRock What do you think of this?

Do we know if he was drunk or high?

Sorry, but I didn't hear any kind of proof or details other than saying the Raiders ran a different offense than usual and mentioning that "Vegas wanted it that way." Did he hear who gave the marching orders or is he just musing on why it was such an easy win for the Bucs then and guesses that it "must have" been that?

It is curious that a guy who won a Super Bowl says this instead of potential sour grapes about a loss but this interview is nothing to hang a hat on, IMO. I'd be curious to know what his NFL exit was like and if he has animosity towards the league for anything. He sure sounded pissed off and I'm guessing it's not because he wants truth to be upheld at all costs. It could be exposing and it could be slander. Without details, you don't know which.

RaZon

Reaction score
Couldn't tell you, but nobody thinks it's a league wide secret as you put it. Its beyond far fetched at that point. If I thought like that I wouldn't bother to watch. The NBA example I gave you was relevant because it demonstrates how a single official can influence the outcome. There was another poster on this thread who spoke of a book written by an old ref. He mentioned the way outcomes were "massaged." Something like that is far more likely.

So the gambling joints that lose $$$$$ to ATS players are going to allow rigged NFL games. Gamblers winning their $$$$ on a rigged NFL game isn't going to work.

Dude, come on guy.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Think about this. The NFL makes money no matter who wins. They don't need to control anything, and they certainly don't need to screw the Dallas Cowboys.

They've got a $100 billion TV deal. All they need to do is play the games.

Only butt hurt fans delve into conspiracy nonsense, because it's easier than accepting that their favorite team is, once again, not good enough to win anything.

RaZon

Reaction score
Think about this. The NFL makes money no matter who wins. They don't need to control anything, and they certainly don't need to screw the Dallas Cowboys.

They've got a $100 billion TV deal. All they need to do is play the games.

Only butt hurt fans delve into conspiracy nonsense, because it's easier than accepting that their favorite team is, once again, not good enough to win anything.

Don't spoil the fun, fantasy BS far more fun than how things actually are. Get a kick out of those.....it's rigged I tell ya.....hahaha!!!!

TV DEALS is where the $$$$$ is, ya don't mess around with anything that might screw that up.

But these gamblers ya see and this ref......hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

You're the one taking the extreme. You're claiming a conspiracy while offering no proof to back up that claim.