Twitter: NFL/Jerry settle legal fees dispute

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How else do you explain 8 games without a OL holding penalty, going after Zeke like he was Charles Manson, fining Jerry when allowing Kraft to get away with it, fining Jerry for going over the cap in a non cap year etc?

It is clear despite what the Cowboys bring to the NFL, that Goodie has it in for us.
That’s not an accurate depiction.

Jerry pushes the envelop more than most owners drawing attention warranting discipline.

My mother always said . “You make your own bed and must sleep in it.”

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s arguable that Jerry has hurt the Cowboys much more than Goodell since he has become commissioner.
Correct.

I could present more than just a convincing argument but irrefutable evidence in reference to football operations.

Furthermore , I believe Jerry’s contributions to the league has also deteriorated the level of football throughout the league with more emphasis on generating revenue than quality football.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How else do you explain 8 games without a OL holding penalty, going after Zeke like he was Charles Manson, fining Jerry when allowing Kraft to get away with it, fining Jerry for going over the cap in a non cap year etc?

It is clear despite what the Cowboys bring to the NFL, that Goodell has it in for us.
That seems to be the prevailing opinion but I just don't see that. I do agree that Goodell had an issue with Booger signing Hardy, with only one other team in the mix, and that might have been the impetus for the Elliott case.

Add to that Booger went public on his feeling that they should stop testing for pot or investigating off field behavior so he's following his behavior of taking high risk players and while I happen to agree with that, what do we think would happen to the NFL with some bad actors off the field, especially in this lightning charged women's movement? Think the NFL sponsors agree with Booger? One thing a lot of these companies are sensitive to now are boycotts, even the threat of that is having an effect.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s arguable that Jerry has hurt the Cowboys much more than Goodell since he has become commissioner.
Not arguable to me, that's fact. It's his nature to take risks and walk right on the line and that is not changing.

erod

Reaction score
Only Jerry could get publicly castrated within months of his Hall of Fame induction.

He's taken a HUGE hit in power in that room of owners.

WLJG

Reaction score
Of course. It was prolly either pay or lose your franchise.
About the size of it. If he wanted to keep playing GM and making a mess of things for the Cowboys on the field he had to pay up and shut up. The owners had enough. And the commissioner is likely a lame duck with nothing to lose by playing big and tough. End of this saga...waiting now for the next Jerry Jones snafu.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only Jerry could get publicly castrated within months of his Hall of Fame induction.

He's taken a HUGE hit in power in that room of owners.
He crossed the line and he knows it. He let his temper get the best of him and openly threatened fellow owners, this is just not done.

If this were another owner, and not one they wished kept his mouth shut more, this might not have happened but the other owners, even his buds, saw what he was doing, the same thing he did with the Cowboys trying to be the face of the NFL and he got it slapped.

He forgot the credo of the NFL, "the whole is greater than the sum of the parts or any part". Kraft was pissed at Goodell, hell, they're buds, but he realized what was in his own best interest, the league. There had already been enough bad press and all he would have done is extend that just as Booger would have done and he showed good sense.

This wasn't about reimbursing the league for 2M, that's chump change to these people. This was about what happens when one breaks ranks, public embarrassment, the worst kind of punishment for Booger. They sure as hell made sure it was public, just like he likes it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course. It was prolly either pay or lose your franchise.
You think it went there? I know that was made public as soon as this happened but that's the hole card to actually play it would be really ballsy because that's a guaranteed 2 years minimum in litigation and this was not as easy as DeBartolo caught in crime.

I still think Booger has enough buds that ousting him would have been very difficult but I would have loved to see it if for nothing else than seeing the fans reaction and polls showing what they hoped the outcome would be. Might have knocked that preening old fool off his self made pedestal.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
About the size of it. If he wanted to keep playing GM and making a mess of things for the Cowboys on the field he had to pay up and shut up. The owners had enough. And the commissioner is likely a lame duck with nothing to lose by playing big and tough. End of this saga...waiting now for the next Jerry Jones snafu.
Lame duck? He got a new deal. And part of that new deal from some of those 6 owners was putting Booger in his place.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
jerry jones has done more to hurt the dallas cowboys in the last twenty year more than anyone else his ego has pretty much taken away what Johnson and landry built up