Twitter: NFL/Jerry settle legal fees dispute

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, damn that was fun and wish it had lasted longer because Booger is usually good for our off season but getting blackmailed by strippers is still the high water mark for me. Taking Blandino on a strip club crawl in Booger's Boogie Bus was a good second but we got a lot of miles out of the strippers and that is the only time Booger actually avoided cameras so strippers be having a soft spot is ole CC's heart.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just cannot believe anyone here supports Goodie Goodell after everything he has done to the Cowboys.
You keep saying that but what have the Cowboys done to themselves? I do not support him but I do understand his job and do not agree that it is a witch hunt for the Cowboys.

What team continues to get the best ratings in a ratings challenged 3 seasons and gets the max number of national games? I do not know where this thinking comes from that the NFL is stupid enough to want to keep their best chance for a ratings bump down. If they were fixing it, they'd want the Cowboys in the SB. The SB that is in decline.

WLJG

Reaction score
Jerry has officially become Al Davis. Nothing more than a sideshow
Pretty much. And I fear that the Cowboys who were at one time "America's team" under Landry & Co. and Jimmy Johnson are no longer anything near that thanks to Jones. It does not bother me so much that the individual Jones is becoming a joke but it galls me to no end to see the team I have supported all my life slip so much. They are a middle of the pack type outfit in the NFL currently. Perhaps 'middle of the pack' might even be kind.....

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Remember when Jerry and many Cowboy fans on here were all talking tough when Zeke received his suspension and how Jerry was going to blowup the league and take them to court......yeah didn't think so!!!

NorthDalal

Reaction score
I can't believe the gullibility of some.Anything Rappaport says should be questioned as coming out of the Commissioner's office.All his insider info is fed by the league, he is a mouthpiece for the league office.

Assume Jerry and his legal team walked in, presented their legal position,The commissioner's office caved on a small time compromise and both sides agree to hide all details knowing full well what "RapSheet" was going to say.

You don't get to be a 5 time billionaire by saying OK every time someone threatens you.I suspect JJ went straight Al Davis on the Commissioner.If Jerry paid anything...expect a Superbowl at Cowboys stadium announcement soon.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
You keep saying that but what have the Cowboys done to themselves? I do not support him but I do understand his job and do not agree that it is a witch hunt for the Cowboys.

What team continues to get the best ratings in a ratings challenged 3 seasons and gets the max number of national games? I do not know where this thinking comes from that the NFL is stupid enough to want to keep their best chance for a ratings bump down. If they were fixing it, they'd want the Cowboys in the SB. The SB that is in decline.

How else do you explain 8 games without a OL holding penalty, going after Zeke like he was Charles Manson, fining Jerry when allowing Kraft to get away with it, fining Jerry for going over the cap in a non cap year etc?

It is clear despite what the Cowboys bring to the NFL, that Goodie has it in for us.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I can't believe the gullibility of some.Anything Rappaport says should be questioned as coming out of the Commissioner's office.All his insider info is fed by the league, he is a mouthpiece for the league office.

Assume Jerry and his legal team walked in, presented their legal position,The commissioner's office caved on a small time compromise and both sides agree to hide all details knowing full well what "RapSheet" was going to say.

You don't get to be a 5 time billionaire by saying OK every time someone threatens you.I suspect JJ went straight Al Davis on the Commissioner.If Jerry paid anything...expect a Superbowl at Cowboys stadium announcement soon.

Yeah all that happens is that it was resolved, other than a tweet without confirmation, where does it state that Jerry did the hearing and then paid anyway.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
PFT is reporting Jerry took a 80% settlement on the 2.5m in legal fees Godell wanted

It is not a Win but it isn't a KO either

Jerry gets to save a little face instead of getting a Botox treatment

WLJG

Reaction score
Yeah all that happens is that it was resolved, other than a tweet without confirmation, where does it state that Jerry did the hearing and then paid anyway.
Google "Jerry Jones News." Multiple media outlets are reporting pretty much the same story. He is paying the $2M.

WLJG

Reaction score
This ended just as the NFL planned......owners and commissioner. They leaked the story that Jones was facing a $2M fine. Jones and the commissioner had a meeting. Jones ends up with a $2M fine. There is no face saving for JJ in all of this. There is no win here for him. He screwed up big time and is now taking his whipping. By the way it was a record fine. Twice what Kraft paid for Brady's ball deflating mess. Now it is history. It is time to suck it up and lets get back to football. A lot is going on with player movement currently. Get to work, make OUR Cowboys winners again and regain pride on the football field.

Last edited:

jrumann59

Reaction score
Why even say you gonna fight the Fees reimbursements? Then pay them the next day. Jerry just likes to hear himself talk.
Because like player discipline, it is Roger's discretion. Besides Zeke's suspension Goodell usually acts fast on initial decision and appeal.

MrPhil

Reaction score

$2 million is a pittance compared the profit Jerry has made over the years (or will make in the future) with team-specific marketing/sponsorship deals, merchandising and now tickets.

That said, on principal, yes Jerry got taken to the cleaners......again.

jrumann59

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see the labor dispute that is coming and whose corner Jerry will be in either openly or in the shadows

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Jerry should have paid 4 million to the NFL and told them kma.