Twitter: NFL may be trying to make an example out of Zeke

Brax

Reaction score
Brax, I am kidding, just messin' witchya, I knew how you meant it.

I don't know where that originated but I've only seen it here and I thought it was odd because Elliott's reaction for a drunk guy was way short of what I would have expected and for that guy to be still in the news, I find that odd if he did anything like that. He'd want to be in hiding.

What I think is that was one of our Zeker's using that as defense, an excuse, for him getting in trouble.
Thanks, glad you knew.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm beginning to think that he just can't handle liquor. I had a friend who was a decent person when sober but was the biggest a** when he drank. I finally just cut all ties with him. I tried helping him but he didn't want help...
I've known plenty of Jeckyl and Hydes when it comes to alcohol.

"Handling liquor" comes down to either knowing where one's Hyde limit might be or avoiding it altogether. Ashamed to say I crossed mine back in the day so I can't preach but Elliott was already in a bad mood with his woman when this guard incident took place. And as any seasoned veteran of the school of imbibification will attest to, bad moods and alcohol do not mix.

It looks like Elliott's woman was wanting to be away from him and he was showing some rather intimidating behavior in blocking her attempts to avoid him. I would like to know what that guard said to him but only because I am nosy. I don't think that will have any effect on what the league decides to do.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks, glad you knew.
You bet, sorry about that. I now see that you are relatively new here and most know that I am just a harmless old fool living on the edge of the reservation. They don't take me seriously. They don't turn their backs on me either though because they're not really sure if I am a danger or not. Old guys are sneaky.

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
NFL athletes aren't charm school graduates, but there is a certain amount of over the line stuff that just disgusts me about Zeke's behavior. Has he no pride or remorse?
The Cowboys of old were worse buddy, we just never heard about it at the time.

cern

Reaction score
Despite the moral and learned sentences of the courts in salem, I do not believe one single person put to death was really a witch. All any of us knows is what we saw on the tape. And we seem to interpret it differently. Asi es la vida.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys of old were worse buddy, we just never heard about it at the time.
Boys will be boys? (And girls. :muttley:) They kept it under wraps and probably paid off some of those that knew - no social media other other than the office gossips. Still, disgusting when a player has no sense of conscious awareness. There's a difference in misbehavior that I can tolerate.

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
Boys will be boys? (And girls. :muttley:) They kept it under wraps and probably paid off some of those that knew - no social media other other than the office gossips. Still, disgusting when a player has no sense of conscious awareness. There's a difference in misbehavior that I can tolerate.
Yeah I agree to a certain extent, I feel like the players of old definitely had more accountability but what is worse? Knowing what you're doing is wrong and still doing it or having no awareness and being told it's wrong after the fact?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Despite the moral and learned sentences of the courts in salem, I do not believe one single person put to death was really a witch. All any of us knows is what we saw on the tape. And we seem to interpret it differently. Asi es la vida.
Mixture of disappointment in Zeke, annoyance with social media, and resignation of the possible futility of another season.

cern

Reaction score
Was it not the great jimmy Johnson who said not everyone is treated the same. And for good reason. This is Zeke, not curvin Richard's.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I agree to a certain extent, I feel like the players of old definitely had more accountability but what is worse? Knowing what you're doing is wrong and still doing it or having no awareness and being told it's wrong after the fact?
Therein lies the rub, as the Bard said.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great. I'm sure we can count on Goodell to be completely impartial and just in his evaluation of the situation. <==== In case it's not obvious, this is the most sarcastic statement I've ever said in my entire life.
:thumbup:Only if he had a stroke and can't remember who Jerry is!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Old man you get angry from messageboard postings with no vocal words behind them eh? Sounds very emotional from you. I’m clever where it counts but of course I wouldn’t expect someone on the opposite side to give me credit. I didn’t come down on anybody and said as much but as usual you’re not good at reading comprehension. You saying I’m riding on the fence doesn’t make it true but maybe your groupie @Hennessy_King can comfort you.

What you are is good for a laugh. I guess there is value in that. Not much, but some.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
What you are is good for a laugh. I guess there is value in that. Not much, but some.
I’m good for more than that as my life off the confines of the messageboard proves. Like I told the other guys mad on here whatever you people need to post to feel better about yourselves say it on here. We all know y’all don’t offline and definitley wouldn’t to my face over these topics so make up whatever scenario makes you happiest rich guy.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m good for more than that as my life off the confines of the messageboard proves. Like I told the other guys mad on here whatever you people need to post to feel better about yourselves say it on here. We all know y’all don’t offline and definitley wouldn’t to my face over these topics so make up whatever scenario makes you happiest rich guy.

You're so dramatic. Could we shove a lump of coal up your backside and see if you can squeeze out a diamond?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You're so dramatic. Could we shove a lump of coal up your backside and see if you can squeeze out a diamond?
Exposing how you got your money richie rich? Don’t get how that is the first thing that comes to mind but some are on some different stuff than I am I see.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exposing how you got your money richie rich? Don’t get how that is the first thing that comes to mind but some are on some different stuff than I am I see.

lol - there you go causing me to laugh again. I now have an image of a man sweating profusely trying desperately to find anything to say that makes sense, and not realizing that he is actually going the other direction.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
lol - there you go causing me to laugh again. I now have an image of a man sweating profusely trying desperately to find anything to say that makes sense, and not realizing that he is actually going the other direction.
Insecure people like yourself need to feel their lies are truth. Have at it Besos dsf. I know you’re insecure but no need to keep messing up the thread with this pointless back and forth. If you have anything else to say to me pm me or let it go old man.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Just my two pennies worth of horse sense, but I think a hard and clear message needs to be sent to Zeke. It ain't because I think this was or wasn't a bad incident. It needs to be done for Zeke's own safety. He's not only a target for the gossip rags. He's also a target for every scammer. One of these days he might even have an altercation with someone that could harm him physically.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The NFL has already made a harsh example of Zeke -- maybe this time will be the lenient one to show they're really kind? :grin:

Last edited: