Twitter: NFL may be trying to make an example out of Zeke

ksadler1

Reaction score
I'm beginning to get concerned that Elliot is one of "those guys". A guy that's polite and nice when he thinks it serves his interests, but is a different person when he doesn't think the camera's rolling.

I don't know if he is, but I've always really disliked those type of people. You can't trust them.

I'm beginning to think that he just can't handle liquor. I had a friend who was a decent person when sober but was the biggest a** when he drank. I finally just cut all ties with him. I tried helping him but he didn't want help...

Brax

Reaction score
Question is did he cause the guard to fall by getting in his face? And that little wing move doesn't look like he was trying to prevent him form falling.

The one element of this has yet to come out that could really polarize this. I keep seeing this racial slur that this guard used which may be fill in the blanks for some because of Elliott turning when the guard said something. But if that were the case, I can't see this guy pursuing anything or demanding a real apology because if he really did use the n word, he doesn't have any ground to stand on.
the race card, that hasn't been heard yet until now. where did you get this "slur used" from or this just you.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Guess that's why they put this at the beginning of the latest rules?

Expectations and Standards of Conduct
It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. We are all held to a higher standard and must conduct ourselves in a way that is responsible, promotes the values of the NFL, and is lawful.
Players convicted of a crime or subject to a disposition of a criminal proceeding (as defined in this Policy) are subject to discipline. But even if the conduct does not result in a criminal conviction, players found to have engaged in any of the following conduct will be subject to discipline. Prohibited conduct includes but is not limited to the following:

 Actual or threatened physical violence against another person, including dating violence, domestic violence, child abuse, and other forms of family violence;  Assault and/or battery, including sexual assault or other sex offenses;  Violent or threatening behavior toward another employee or a third party in any workplace setting; 
When they actually enforce that and or you see the media running with a same gender situation you’ll have a point. Until then that stuff sounds good. People don’t generally care when it’s same gender situations sorry. The nfl and people can say what they want but I believe actions more than words esp when history shows most don’t make a big deal out of same gender altercations.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would expect nothing less from the NFL but my gosh do they have it out for Zeke.

The standard our players are held to is just not equal.
Especially when Jerry is such a loud, vocal, opponent of Goodell. Talk about not knowing when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em!

Philmonroe

Reaction score
the race card, that hasn't been heard yet until now. where did you get this "slur used" from or this just you.
Nope actually that’s been mentioned in this thread or the other one. Now I don’t know if it’s been substantiated but people have definitely mentioned it in one of the Zeke threads.

Brax

Reaction score

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I assumed because the person that interviewed her was a woman that her opinion would hold more weight. It was obvious that something happened. But with no hard evidence and a woman that got into as many bar fights as Elliot does and texts and witness accounts had her trying to extort money and lie about him. I assumed they would go by the law. But the NFL has there own laws.

No doubt that JJ running around doing interviews saying he wouldn’t be suspended and the fact that while he is being investigated there are 2 issues. One of which having to do with touching a woman. Had to do with it.
None of us knows or has access to the information the people involved in this had, including Booger.

But one assumption I made was that the comments made by the prosecutor's office carried the most weight because they did a more thorough investigation than any other entity and the next assumption is that they were looking for any reasonable out not to proceed. I mean this girl is hardly some librarian walking home from work. It was textbook he said/she said with some evidence, the bruises, but not strong enough to prosecute, especially in Columbus. glimm, that was the elected prosecuting attorney's worst nightmare with no hard evidence.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this is exactly why I don't pay this kid. Yeah, put tens of millions in his lap and see how he behaves? Nope, run him this year, tag him and may the highest bidder win.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope actually that’s been mentioned in this thread or the other one. Now I don’t know if it’s been substantiated but people have definitely mentioned it in one of the Zeke threads.
That came out the day this all started and someone said he was overheard calling him that but I haven't seen anything real about that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope, I don't use racial slurs so it's not just me. This showed up early in the Zeke is in trouble thread and someone said the guard was overheard calling him that. I haven't seen anything about that except here. Might want to recheck your phrasing the next time you ask me a question.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When they actually enforce that and or you see the media running with a same gender situation you’ll have a point. Until then that stuff sounds good. People don’t generally care when it’s same gender situations sorry. The nfl and people can say what they want but I believe actions more than words esp when history shows most don’t make a big deal out of same gender altercations.
Well, you might get to see that with Crawford and/or Elliott. I don't see anyway Crawford skates past this barfight but the incident that started the process did involve his party harassing a female bartender to the point of being sent outside.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
That came out the day this all started and someone said he was overheard calling him that but I haven't seen anything real about that.
I remember that’s why I was telling the other poster this wasn’t a “race card” situation and that that had been previously been mentioned in one of these threads.

glimmerman

Reaction score
None of us knows or has access to the information the people involved in this had, including Booger.

But one assumption I made was that the comments made by the prosecutor's office carried the most weight because they did a more thorough investigation than any other entity and the next assumption is that they were looking for any reasonable out not to proceed. I mean this girl is hardly some librarian walking home from work. It was textbook he said/she said with some evidence, the bruises, but not strong enough to prosecute, especially in Columbus. glimm, that was the elected prosecuting attorney's worst nightmare with no hard evidence.
Wonder how many of those cops and attorneys got tickets to Cowboys games. Lol.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Well, you might get to see that with Crawford and/or Elliott. I don't see anyway Crawford skates past this barfight but the incident that started the process did involve his party harassing a female bartender to the point of being sent outside.
Maybe but being real how big of a deal was the Crawford situation or most athlete situations when they involve other men not women? That’s moreso my point. You don’t get all the poster on their kick him out the league the sports shows aren’t really talking about it etc. Crawford might get punished but the scrutiny that comes from fighting with men will probably never be as big in our lifetimes as an incident of a woman is involved in a physical altercation with a man. If you disagree that’s ok too personally I don’t see the same reactions and that could be different in your experience.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe but being real how big of a deal was the Crawford situation or most athlete situations when they involve other men not women? That’s moreso my point. You don’t get all the poster on their kick him out the league the sports shows aren’t really talking about it etc. Crawford might get punished but the scrutiny that comes from fighting with men will probably never be as big in our lifetimes as an incident of a woman is involved in a physical altercation with a man. If you disagree that’s ok too personally I don’t see the same reactions and that could be different in your experience.
I do not argue that anything involving a woman or child will carry more weight because of the difference in size and ability to defend themselves.

But I do see that intimidation factor at work in both of these cases and that fits a rather unflattering image to the NFL of bullies. That is not fact but it is an image just the same.

Brax

Reaction score
Nope, I don't use racial slurs so it's not just me. This showed up early in the Zeke is in trouble thread and someone said the guard was overheard calling him that. I haven't seen anything about that except here. Might want to recheck your phrasing the next time you ask me a question.
my apologies did not in any way mean to imply you did,I just wondered if you had a source or you" thought "("I keep seeing this racial slur that this guard used" from your post) this might be what happened. again sorry for any miscommunication on my part.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
my apologies did not in any way mean to imply you did,I just wondered if you had a source or you" thought "("I keep seeing this racial slur that this guard used" from your post) this might be what happened. again sorry for any miscommunication on my part.
Brax, I am kidding, just messin' witchya, I knew how you meant it.

I don't know where that originated but I've only seen it here and I thought it was odd because Elliott's reaction for a drunk guy was way short of what I would have expected and for that guy to be still in the news, I find that odd if he did anything like that. He'd want to be in hiding.

What I think is that was one of our Zeker's using that as defense, an excuse, for him getting in trouble.