Twitter: NFL may be trying to make an example out of Zeke

aria

Reaction score
No. I agree with you, they have there own set of rules that you have to abide by if you want to work for the NFL. And Elliot being a football big dog in the state may have made it hard to get a conviction. The cops that showed up likely got autographs before they left. But the key to it for me was the things she said and text him. If he broke up with her she was going to ruin his career. Her friends turned her in for sending texts about trying to set him up. Extort money. Please man. The NFL still felt like there was enough there to suspend him.

Now the other 2 incidents the parade and bar could have factored in. But they said it didn’t. So this latest little thing should not get him suspended. He wasn’t arrested and the organization will get out in front of it before the security guard magically decides to press charges.
See that’s the thing that has me concerned. If nothing came of the other two incidents, this may be the nail in the coffin. By itself it wasn’t a huge deal but I think the league may look at it as not a one time incident and lump all three together for a suspension.

Or even if they don’t publicly say the other two incidents factor in, we all know they do, and they may suspend him for this specific incident because of that.

I could see it going either direction but they’re not going to keep turning their heads the other way.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No, I made the same mistake Chris Simms did and he was corrected by Florio and looked foolish as he was on a partial rant on how quickly the NFL responded to this when in fact they haven't responded at all. At least I've looked foolish here before and posters are used to it.

Hell, I don't know anything for certain except that I heard Elliott asked Crawford to pay that security guard a visit. OK, OK, I made that up.

I am going to have a disclaimer sig: "This poster is not responsible for the accuracy or authenticity of any post and could be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or both or just be wrong".
You're my kind of people, pal.

Ya know, this incident might actually make Crawford's look worse. I mean, if you compare them.....

glimmerman

Reaction score
See that’s the thing that has me concerned. If nothing came of the other two incidents, this may be the nail in the coffin. By itself it wasn’t a huge deal but I think the league may look at it as not a one time incident and lump all three together for a suspension.

Or even if they don’t publicly say the other two incidents factor in, we all know they do, and they may suspend him for this specific incident because of that.

I could see it going either direction but they’re not going to keep turning their heads the other way.
I agree. I do think that the other 2 incidents played a factor in the 6 game suspension. And it’s not like the slate is wiped clean afterwards. I know he and goodell talked and he likely told Elliot he is on a thin line. I honestly am hoping for a fine and letting it slip out to everyone that he was told one more incident and he is sitting home for a while.

If goodell wanted he could give him a 10 gamer. Just because although its not DV it is a form of assault. Or battery. Elliot needs to make things right with this guard. Make him happy and let him do another interview. Don’t leave it to fester. The worse this guard makes it sound then the worse it will make it look to goodell.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. I agree with you, they have there own set of rules that you have to abide by if you want to work for the NFL. And Elliot being a football big dog in the state may have made it hard to get a conviction. The cops that showed up likely got autographs before they left. But the key to it for me was the things she said and text him. If he broke up with her she was going to ruin his career. Her friends turned her in for sending texts about trying to set him up. Extort money. Please man. The NFL still felt like there was enough there to suspend him.

Now the other 2 incidents the parade and bar could have factored in. But they said it didn’t. So this latest little thing should not get him suspended. He wasn’t arrested and the organization will get out in front of it before the security guard magically decides to press charges.
I saw a comment from someone in the league office that the video was not part of the suspension but was part of the consideration. They were all aware of it, how could they not be? That panel was experienced with people under investigation being on their best behavior. Not being in the bar incident or the parade.

The prosecutor's office told the investigating panel that they felt something had happened but they didn't have enough hard evidence to prosecute the case and truth be told were relieved. You imagine putting the college football stud on trial in a college town like that? Those people created mattress burning as a celebration, imagine if they were pissed.

Not to drag up old crap but the main reason most thought he didn't do it was because of the victim. She threatened to get him after he dumped her, does that mean he didn't hit her or that she had agreed to forgive and forget that and was now reneging on that? He admitted to alcohol and drugs being involved during their confrontational part of the relationship.

That ole "he's a Cowboy, he's innocent" raises it's ugly head again when not one person here knows anything and this one person investigating this decides she's lying and that becomes the rallying cry? If this woman is that special, why did everyone ignore her and I believe she is the one that prematurely told Booger there would be no disciplinary action solely based on her own perceived influence and set that in motion. Which, evidently, was her illusion. The panel disregarded her opinion and left Goodell little choice with a 4-0 vote.

When left with 0 evidence, I am left with do I think he could have done that? Absolutely. This all started with his Dad moving to Columbus, anyone here ever here of that? I haven't. And I haven't seen anything from this guy since then to convince me he didn't hit her. That look like a guy that respects women intimidating that woman in that video.

But I am not going to argue with any posters with the "Cowboys Persecution Complex" because that reminds me of the ones that always blamed the refs and are more responsible for the Cowboys hate than the team itself. People screw up, regardless of what uniform they wear, and teams lose games because they don't play well enough to win.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
this OP says the NFL may make an example out of Zeke. I call BULL****. My take is this. Zeke is makin an example of ZEKE!!! He's a grown man! He went to college and should know way before now how to conduct himself. ITS ALL ON HIM and he deserves anykinda shitstorm that befalls him. Maybe that's not fair of me to say,but I just about had it with the lame excuses.

glimmerman

Reaction score

Ya know, this incident might actually make Crawford's look worse. I mean, if you compare them.....
Lol. Crawford’s was way worse. He dropped a bouncer with a punch. They were jumping on him and hitting him first but that likely won’t matter. This and the Elliot case could make each other worse and make the fines a suspension. If they suspend Elliot then it would stand to reason Crawford gets it too.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lol. Crawford’s was way worse. He dropped a bouncer with a punch. They were jumping on him and hitting him first but that likely won’t matter. This and the Elliot case could make each other worse and make the fines a suspension. If they suspend Elliot then it would stand to reason Crawford gets it too.
Crawford DOES deserve a suspension honestly. He makes Zeke look tame. I keep going back to the culture in BIG D. Parcells had a few sayings about dumb players on and off the field.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Oh, much worse. One of the NFL's greatest concerns is the intimidation factor of larger and stronger men and he was flat out wailing on those bouncers. The problem Crawford has is that he can't use spontaneous reaction as a defense because he did what he was told not to do by the manager, come back in the bar. The manager didn't even kick them out for harassing the female bartender, he let them stay but not in the bar around her. He went in there looking for trouble and found it and I don't care what happens to him.

But I gotta say, that was one unimpressive looking group of bouncers, I wouldn't use them on the Peanut Gallery on a Howdy Doody show.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Oh, much worse. One of the NFL's greatest concerns is the intimidation factor of larger and stronger men and he was flat out wailing on those bouncers. The problem Crawford has is that he can't use spontaneous reaction as a defense because he did what he was told not to do by the manager, come back in the bar. The manager didn't even kick them out for harassing the female bartender, he let them stay but not in the bar around her. He went in there looking for trouble and found it and I don't care what happens to him.
Yeah, me either. I could take or leave Crawford

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The nfl isn’t worried about no dang intimidation factor of bigger and stronger men at all. They are only worried about what people will talk about like Dv and those optics. Think about it when have you really ever saw same a same gender situation really be discussed the same as a DV situation? You won’t because people don’t really care when it’s same gender violence.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The nfl isn’t worried about no dang intimidation factor of bigger and stronger men at all. They are only worried about what people will talk about like Dv and those optics. Think about it when have you really ever saw same a same gender situation really be discussed the same as a DV situation? You won’t because people don’t really care when it’s same gender violence.
Guess that's why they put this at the beginning of the latest rules?

Expectations and Standards of Conduct
It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. We are all held to a higher standard and must conduct ourselves in a way that is responsible, promotes the values of the NFL, and is lawful.
Players convicted of a crime or subject to a disposition of a criminal proceeding (as defined in this Policy) are subject to discipline. But even if the conduct does not result in a criminal conviction, players found to have engaged in any of the following conduct will be subject to discipline. Prohibited conduct includes but is not limited to the following:

 Actual or threatened physical violence against another person, including dating violence, domestic violence, child abuse, and other forms of family violence;  Assault and/or battery, including sexual assault or other sex offenses;  Violent or threatening behavior toward another employee or a third party in any workplace setting; 

Brax

Reaction score
This is a long explanation of "nothing"
Lucky the Security Gaurd didn't press charges as the law wouldn't say it was nothing, Roger may not see it as nothing either.
battery on a person,
In criminal law, this is a physical act that results in harmful or offensive contact with another person without that person's consent. 2. In tort law, the intentional causation of harmful or offensive contact with another's person without that person's consent.
assault
The definition of assault varies by jurisdiction, but is generally defined as intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Physical injury is not required.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lucky the Security Gaurd didn't press charges as the law wouldn't say it was nothing, Roger may not see it as nothing either.
battery on a person,
In criminal law, this is a physical act that results in harmful or offensive contact with another person without that person's consent. 2. In tort law, the intentional causation of harmful or offensive contact with another's person without that person's consent.
assault
The definition of assault varies by jurisdiction, but is generally defined as intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Physical injury is not required.
well, my hunch is Zeke is gonna get shaken down by the security guard for cash. Hush money if you will. Its very common in the NFL. Don't feel sorry one bit for Zeke. The one thing good that can from this is that he learns and grows as a man.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I saw a comment from someone in the league office that the video was not part of the suspension but was part of the consideration. They were all aware of it, how could they not be? That panel was experienced with people under investigation being on their best behavior. Not being in the bar incident or the parade.

The prosecutor's office told the investigating panel that they felt something had happened but they didn't have enough hard evidence to prosecute the case and truth be told were relieved. You imagine putting the college football stud on trial in a college town like that? Those people created mattress burning as a celebration, imagine if they were pissed.

Not to drag up old crap but the main reason most thought he didn't do it was because of the victim. She threatened to get him after he dumped her, does that mean he didn't hit her or that she had agreed to forgive and forget that and was now reneging on that? He admitted to alcohol and drugs being involved during their confrontational part of the relationship.

That ole "he's a Cowboy, he's innocent" raises it's ugly head again when not one person here knows anything and this one person investigating this decides she's lying and that becomes the rallying cry? If this woman is that special, why did everyone ignore her and I believe she is the one that prematurely told Booger there would be no disciplinary action solely based on her own perceived influence and set that in motion. Which, evidently, was her illusion. The panel disregarded her opinion and left Goodell little choice with a 4-0 vote.

When left with 0 evidence, I am left with do I think he could have done that? Absolutely. This all started with his Dad moving to Columbus, anyone here ever here of that? I haven't. And I haven't seen anything for this guy since then to convince me he didn't hit her. That look like a guy that respects women intimidating that woman in that video.\

But I am not going to argue with any posters with the "Cowboys Persecution Complex" because that reminds me of the ones that always blamed the refs and are more responsible for the Cowboys hate than the team itself. People screw up, regardless of what uniform they wear, and teams lose games because they don't play well enough to win.
I assumed because the person that interviewed her was a woman that her opinion would hold more weight. It was obvious that something happened. But with no hard evidence and a woman that got into as many bar fights as Elliot does and texts and witness accounts had her trying to extort money and lie about him. I assumed they would go by the law. But the NFL has there own laws.

No doubt that JJ running around doing interviews saying he wouldn’t be suspended and the fact that while he is being investigated there are 2 issues. One of which having to do with touching a woman. Had to do with it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
well, my hunch is Zeke is gonna get shaken down by the security guard for cash. Hush money if you will. Its very common in the NFL. Don't feel sorry one bit for Zeke. The one thing good that can from this is that he learns and grows as a man.
Me either. Give him a check, a signed jersey and some photos of them hanging out. Have the guard do a interview saying it’s all good and was misunderstanding.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Crawford DOES deserve a suspension honestly. He makes Zeke look tame. I keep going back to the culture in BIG D. Parcells had a few sayings about dumb players on and off the field.
Watch Elliot get a game or 2 and Crawford walks. Lol.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
battery on a person,
assault
Question is did he cause the guard to fall by getting in his face? And that little wing move doesn't look like he was trying to prevent him form falling.

The one element of this has yet to come out that could really polarize this. I keep seeing this racial slur that this guard used which may be fill in the blanks for some because of Elliott turning when the guard said something. But if that were the case, I can't see this guy pursuing anything or demanding a real apology because if he really did use the n word, he doesn't have any ground to stand on.