News: NFL: Mike McCarthy set to interview in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think, or more like hope Zach Taylor drafts Joe Burrow. Time for Dalton to move on.
But I hate the idea of Chase Young going to the Commanders.

However, Bengals could take Young, then the Commanders may trade their pick for a a lot of picks to possibly Miami for Burrow. I rather the Bengals make that trade, but Young still goes to the Commanders.
However, Chase Young basically disappeared in his last 4 games also. Did not make the difference when really needed. Maybe he drops.
Yeah I mean it will suck but I think like most Commanders he won’t fulfill his potential. Maybe Riveria changes that reputation.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
The only difference during the McCarthy years between the Packers and the Browns is that the Packers had Rodgers. The Packers would have bad OLine play, putrid defense, poor skill position play, and Rodgers would still find a way to complete passes to mediocre players with no time 50 yards down the field and when he was out they were awful.

Meanwhile when Brees missed time the Saints did not lose a game. Mike McCarthy is not qualified to carry Sean Payton's bags. The job of a head coach is to get the most out of the talent around him. Sean Payton does that; Mike McCarthy very clearly does not.
LOL

Go watch the end of that NFC Championship game last year. Look at the play-calling. Payton bungled that final-drive and they still had a chance to win the game in overtime.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
This sounds like the Cowboys are moving fast. Lewis is in here for Rooney Rule, if things go well with McCarthy I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s announced Sunday night or Monday. Jerry Loves keeping the Cowboys relevant even if they’re not in playoffs.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
When Aaron Rodgers returned to action after that broken collarbone in 2017 the Packers got beat. He played the entire 2018 season despite the leg injury and the Packers lost 9 games and had a tie. Rodgers didn’t like the offense and reports were he was butting heads with McCarthy. If the Packers felt it was Rodgers injuries that was causing the Packers to lose, McCarthy wouldn’t have been fired during the 2018 season.

So you don't think the broken collarbone and leg fracture affected the play of the player at the most important position on the field those two years? Rodgers wasn't himself, and that had the greatest impact on Green Bay's success.

Again, the Packers were 4-1 in 2017 before Rodgers went through the two injuries. It's not like they were playing bad up to that point.

It's no surprise that McCarthy and Rodgers butted heads when things were going poorly. Obviously, Rodgers not liking the play-calling and changing the plays didn't work out well for the Packers. It's possible that McCarthy was trying to call things to best utilize a limited player, while Rodgers felt he could do the things he had been doing.

Coaches often end up being the fall guy after a poor season or two, even if there are legitimate reasons for the lack of success.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
It's an interview guys good Lord. It didnt say hired lol
Hi thanks for letting us know this, we had no idea..........what seems to be eluding you is that bringing in coaches for interviews for a position while the current HC is still walking the premises and hasn't been let go is not exactly normal protocol.

phildadon86

Reaction score
We aren’t interviewing people freak out. We begin the process. People freak out. No pleasing some

sdfidaho

Reaction score
It would basically be giving it the finger. They aren't hiring Lewis for HC and everyone knows it.

Hell, just interview Richard before showing him the door. Then they don't have to pay for two flights and food.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
How messed up is it that they're scheduling interviews and they still can't bring themselves to show Garrett the door?

Who does this?
:facepalm:
I don’t get this maneuver either. Obviously they know something we don’t. Either way, it does make us look ridiculous.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This sounds like the Cowboys are moving fast. Lewis is in here for Rooney Rule, if things go well with McCarthy I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s announced Sunday night or Monday. Jerry Loves keeping the Cowboys relevant even if they’re not in playoffs.
Good point bro, if he is their top target they might go ahead and get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.