News: NFL: Mike McCarthy set to interview in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
2009 Special Teams draft. Firing Jimmy. Running Bill Parcells out. Not firing Garrett after 4-12. Today’s circus. The Mount Rushmore’s of Jerry Jones moronic ownership / GM tenure.

The organization is a laughingstock. The only people that don’t see it are the Jones family. Maybe Mickey.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
McCarthy HC
Lewis. DC
Moore. OC

How about this guys? Not the worst staff you could assemble. I could roll with this!
McCarthy already basically has promised his inner circle of buddies jobs. That would include Jim Haslett, presumably as defensive coordinator.

links18

Reaction score
The only difference during the McCarthy years between the Packers and the Browns is that the Packers had Rodgers. The Packers would have bad OLine play, putrid defense, poor skill position play, and Rodgers would still find a way to complete passes to mediocre players with no time 50 yards down the field and when he was out they were awful.

Meanwhile when Brees missed time the Saints did not lose a game. Mike McCarthy is not qualified to carry Sean Payton's bags. The job of a head coach is to get the most out of the talent around him. Sean Payton does that; Mike McCarthy very clearly does not.

Sean Payton is under contract. Mike McCarthy is on the street.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
tenor.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Better than Garrett. Better than Zimmer. Better than Lewis.

But not a home run by any stretch.

Who is a home run?

I don't think we can guarantee success with college coaches like Meyer, Riley or Rhule. The overall track record for college head coaches in the NFL isn't all that great.

Then, there's NFL coordinators, also hit and miss.

I prefer a guy who has shown he knows what it takes to get to the Super Bowl. At least I know that he's been able to do that while I don't know what the others can do.

I'm not opposed to Dallas going with a hot name. I just don't understand why some prefer that over a coach who won a Super Bowl.

Valkyr

Reaction score
True.

But in reality, it’s what most people expected. We are going to go safe, retread that won’t rock the boat one way or another
Right. At least try to hit a home run before you sacrifice bunt.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Rodgers broke his collarbone in 2017 with Green Bay 4-1 and missed all but seven games, and he fractured his leg the first game of 2018.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/20...n-2018-much-different-than-j-j-watts-in-2017/

When Aaron Rodgers returned to action after that broken collarbone in 2017 the Packers got beat. He played the entire 2018 season despite the leg injury and the Packers lost 9 games and had a tie. Rodgers didn’t like the offense and reports were he was butting heads with McCarthy. If the Packers felt it was Rodgers injuries that was causing the Packers to lose, McCarthy wouldn’t have been fired during the 2018 season. They obviously weren’t using Rodgers injuries as an excuse.

links18

Reaction score
Sadly true, and if they do interview Lewis it will be making a mockery of the rule. It would be like saying there a zero worthy candidates to interview.

It would basically be giving it the finger. They aren't hiring Lewis for HC and everyone knows it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
No head coach had ever had Aaron Rodgers and Dak Prescott.....

And several head coaches have at least made the Super Bowl with more than one team. That's far more than we've accomplished since the 1990s.

Alexander

Reaction score
Sadly true, and if they do interview Lewis it will be making a mockery of the rule. It would be like saying there a zero worthy candidates to interview.
Lewis might as well save his dignity if that is the case. It is a rule that is fast outgrowing its utility.

Alexander

Reaction score
It would basically be giving it the finger. They aren't hiring Lewis for HC and everyone knows it.
How is that any different than unqualified guys like Kris Richard getting an interview with the Giants?

Most of these owners are not serious about advancing diversity. It is not really a secret.

Last edited:

johneric8

Reaction score
Let's quit nut rolling and look at the positives here guys! having McCarthy come in for an interview is proof Garrett is gone! And on the flip side, he is Head and shoulders above Garrett in every area of coaching so even if he was only here for a few years it's better than what we've had .....be patient....

cowboyec

Reaction score
good coach.
green bay was always in contention under him.
won a super bowl.
and it'd be fun as hell when we beat rodgers with his old coach.
:lmao2::lmao::flagwave:
id be on board with him.
id prefer Meyer or Riley or Mullen over him...but he'd be my 1st choice among NFL guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.