News: NFL: Mike McCarthy set to interview in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCarthy's the new coach. After some initial success the team quits on him by 2023. Insert Kellen Moore, the OC he was forced to accept, as the new head coach in training. At some point during this I point out Jerry's now over 80 years old. Round and round we go.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Not a fan of McCarthy, BUT whoever comes in here MUST have both the kahunas and the clout to DEMAND from Jerry AUTOCRACY where it concerns the coaching component of the operations. And first check-off there is, it will have to be someone with a Super Bowl on his resume'. So, from that standpoint, I'm in.

Give me/us someone who WILL END THIS TYRANNY!!!! And... again, I'm a broken record on this, but so is Troy... get us back to doing what we did when we won something.

Reminded of the Troy post from 4-5 days ago that essentially begged everyone to stop to being distracted from the fact that the team's greatest sustained successes occurred when the head coach had a position of irrefutable strength in the organization, as opposed to the Switzer years, the Gailey years, the Campo years, the Phillips years, and now most recently the Garrett years... when players and coaching staff were held accountable by the head coach himself and the owner/GM was not constantly compromising that accountability by imposing his authority where it didn't belong.

That OP got about as many "likes" as I can remember, not because little ol me posted it of course but because a Cowboys icon said what needed to be said, and a lot of people agreed.

If we're consistent, we'll not be distracted from that.

As fans we have no more sacred responsibility than to keep that mantra front and center.

Because, if we don't, then who should really be surprised if we just get the same-ol-same-ol on the other side of whatever this is. (That's a statement, not a question.)

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
All this chatter about McCarthy and Lewis, which I doubt either will get the Job, I'm watching PBR Bull Riding...

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Hes a good coach that would get the job done. Also, I think Dak would thrive in that offense.
The man won a superbowl and beat us more times than we can count.

Definitely a step up. No doubt about that.

Loso86

Reaction score
True.

But in reality, it’s what most people expected. We are going to go safe, retread that won’t rock the boat one way or another
Lol it's the FIRST interview . Do we think this will be the only one...like seriously?!

clff15701

Reaction score
Here's what Farve said about him. That doesnt sound like a JG clone at all.

"I think any young quarterback would like him," Favre said, per ProFootballTalk. "And he's very understandable, much like Brian Daboll at Buffalo and Darrell Bevell, guys who are coaching right now, relate to the guys very well. And I think that's important, on top of his Xs and Os mentality. Obviously he's had Aaron Rodgers and that certainly helps, but I do think he brings a level of toughness, but also a confidence that as a player, as a quarterback for him, you feel confident in the plays that he calls that he's going to call plays that cater more to your ability rather than maybe a previous guy he had. So I think he's a simple but yet confidence-building and technique-driven coach."

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
McCarthy's the new coach. After some initial success the team quits on him by 2023. Insert Kellen Moore, the OC he was forced to accept, as the new head coach in training. At some point during this I point out Jerry's now over 80 years old. Round and round we go.

Well, the remake would fit the original script.

Fat head coach knifed in back by handpicked wunderkind.

kumizi

Reaction score
This won a ring = you’re good and never won a ring = you’re bad mentality drives me ducking crazy.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
~McCarthy entering Jerry's office~

McCarthy: Hey, guys. How are ya?

~shaking hands with Jerry~

Jerry: Miike it's good to see ya. Thanks for coming. You know my son Stephen and Will our scouting director?

~shaking hands with Stephen and McClay~

Jerry: Have a seat and let's get started.

~sitting down~

~silence~

Jerry: ~clearing throat~

~more silence~

Jerry: ~clearing throat a little louder~

~silence~

~everyone suddenly looks in the same direction~

~Garrett storms out of the room and slams the door~

Loso86

Reaction score
Hi thanks for letting us know this, we had no idea..........what seems to be eluding you is that bringing in coaches for interviews for a position while the current HC is still walking the premises and hasn't been let go is not exactly normal protocol.
Thanks for letting me know that as well because I had no idea. Dude I know its not but I also dont care if the guy coming in for the interview knows and doesnt care then why should I? As long as they hire somebody else who's better than Garrett

Status
Not open for further replies.