News: NFL: Mike McCarthy set to interview in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aven8

Reaction score
He’s not and everyone knows it besides Favre I guess.

The guy had 2 of the best QBs that ever played and only got 1 championship out of it.

His QB goes down and the team is trash.

Insert a new coach and Packers are good again.

McCarthy was a problem in GB and he will be a problem here and the only reason he will get a job because the NFL loves to hire guys on the buddy system and that goes extra for the Cowboys who will take less of a coach for someone they can bully.

He beat us with that stooge Matt Flynn, and he had that goofball Hundley that couldn’t throw to save his life win games as well.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Fine. Linebackers coach then. I don't think he makes a big buildup of his special thinktank and leaves them out in the cold.

As for this arranged marriage with Marvin Lewis, it would be a horrible idea.

A team needs ONE voice. Not what amounts to a co-head coach arrangement like we had when Jones tried the Phillips/Garrett mishmash.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He beat us with that stooge Matt Flynn, and he had that goofball Hundley that couldn’t throw to save his life win games as well.

Yeah but this is that one time syndrome.. Like saying that one time Garrett won a game with Stephen McGee.. Same applies here. It’s not relevant.

kumizi

Reaction score
Might as well sign Eli too. He’s a multiple time SB winner and Dak isn’t. Since that’s the primary criteria for some of you.

Aven8

Reaction score
I would much rather take a risk on Lincoln Riley then go with a total status quo move with no upside in McCarthy.

I would take Riley in a NY second. People scoffing because of his bowl game is silly.

I hope they also bring in Rhule and Peterson. Throw in Mullen, and Kirby Smart. Leave no stone unturned.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Here is a legit question...Andy Reid was similar...NFCCGs and 1 SB appearance.. and then reinvented himself in KC. You’d take Reid. Could McCarthy with his new analytics have reinvented himself ? Just talking out loud

Aven8

Reaction score
Yeah but this is that one time syndrome.. Like saying that one time Garrett won a game with Stephen McGee.. Same applies here. It’s not relevant.

JG didn’t win with McGee. Philly lost that game and screwed up our draft. Hundley played for awhile and that guy sucked. But they did win. McCarthy is not my dream but he’s head and shoulders above JG.

Gaede

Reaction score
Here is a legit question...Andy Reid was similar...NFCCGs and 1 SB appearance.. and then reinvented himself in KC. You’d take Reid. Could McCarthy with his new analytics have reinvented himself ? Just talking out loud

I agree. I think McCarthy would be a good hire.

BermyStar

Reaction score
Favre will not be a good advocate for an X and Os guy as he definitely was not. He even admitted it in interviews that he would sometimes make plays up.
I'm not saying Favre is right or wrong, but him not being an Xs and Os guy doesn't mean he can't spot one. Hell I can't sing but I know Michael Jackson was pretty damn good at it.

cern

Reaction score
The common denominator to being a great coach is having a great qb. When mcnabb's skills diminished, andy didn't do so well. Now with Mahomey, he's great again. Belichick has brady. Peyton has brees. Carroll has Wilson. Elway was a genius with manning. Jimmy had troy. Whoever coaches Dallas will have dak.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The common denominator to being a great coach is having a great qb. When mcnabb's skills diminished, andy didn't do so well. Now with Mahomey, he's great again. Belichick has brady. Peyton has brees. Carroll has Wilson. Elway was a genius with manning. Jimmy had troy. Whoever coaches Dallas will have dak.

Great QBs can overcome bad schemes and coaching just like a strong Oline and run game can as well..

Why not just get a coach that knows what the heck they are doing on Sundays instead of hiring these coaches that make us completely player dependent?

Instead Dallas wants to dumpster dive with someone else’s failure..

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Parcells make the playoffs with Quincy...

Dak is better than McNabb...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Might as well sign Eli too. He’s a multiple time SB winner and Dak isn’t. Since that’s the primary criteria for some of you.

Fine. You say McCarthy's three championship games and Super Bowl victory mean nothing.

Who do you suggest and based on what criteria?

Meyer, Riley and Rhule? There have been similar great college coaches like Spurrier, Kelly and Saban who flamed out in the NFL.

McDaniels and Roman? Plenty of great coordinators haven't been able to handle the jump to head coach. In fact, McDaniels has failed once already.

Truth is, it's hard to say exactly who can make the transition, that's why so many head coach choices don't work out. I'd rather get someone who has at least shown he can get to a Super Bowl, and win it. He may not be able to do it again, but that gives him a leg up over these "unknowns" IMO.

jhj7098

Reaction score
~McCarthy entering Jerry's office~

McCarthy: Hey, guys. How are ya?

~shaking hands with Jerry~

Jerry: Miike it's good to see ya. Thanks for coming. You know my son Stephen and Will our scouting director?

~shaking hands with Stephen and McClay~

Jerry: Have a seat and let's get started.

~sitting down~

~silence~

Jerry: ~clearing throat~

~more silence~

Jerry: ~clearing throat a little louder~

~silence~

~everyone suddenly looks in the same direction~

~Garrett storms out of the room and slams the door~
Then Jerry looks at McCarthy and says.. “Mike, Did Dez catch that ball?”

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Both McCarthy and Lewis, are being brought in to see if they will be on Garrett's staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.