News: NFL: Mike McCarthy set to interview in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It really seems to me that McCarthy's history of games against the Cowboys would work to his advantage! :)

Holding a grudge against him for successfully performing his duties against us shouldn't be the case at all. :rolleyes:

The solid fact that he was able to defeat our Cowboys when they had performed at our best is to his credit. ;)

Last edited:

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I don’t know if you watched that Super Bowl run but they were extremely Rodgers dependent and McCarthy was just along for the ride and this seasons success kinda proves that Rodgers was the reason for success.

This season proves nothing. Rodgers is declining and was up-and-down this year. They won in spite of him, not because of him.

MikeB80

Reaction score
First who is Joe Banner?

2nd I want a coach that has some boom potential and McCarthy is a ho hum status quo hire.

A typical retread.

he is the guy that hired Andy Reid in Philadelphia and then road on Reid/johnson's Philly success to act like he is a football guy. He ran clothing stores in Philadelphia until his friend jeffrey lurie bought the eagles and gave him a job where he became President.

He is really annoying and when I used to see him on tv being critical of everyone I would just shake my head.

Carson

Reaction score
Take his team to the 2 seed in the playoffs in his first season without him it looks like.

Packers are a better team without him.

Ehhh.

You can not argue that.

But I will say this. This was the first offseason the Packers were players in free agency. McCarthy had to make it work with scraps.

This offseason they went out and signed the following

Starting RG Billy Turner. 4 years, 28 million.
Starting OLB Za’Darius Smith - 4 years, 66 million.
Starting safety Adrian Amos - 4 years, 37 million.
Starting OLB Preston Smith - 4 years, 52 million.

That’s four plug and play starters. McCarthy didn’t get that luxury

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One superbowl with perhaps the most talented QB of this generation. Im not saying I hate it, but Im not excited either. They were past ready when he was released from GB. The team looked terrible towards the end of his tenure. At least that's how I remember it.

No, you're right. And you can't discount the fact that since getting rid of him, they're the one team that has improved with their young, first-time coach.

That's no coincidence.

Reactions: CWR

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
One superbowl with perhaps the most talented QB of this generation. Im not saying I hate it, but Im not excited either. They were past ready when he was released from GB. The team looked terrible towards the end of his tenure. At least that's how I remember it.

Sean Payton has one SB with another all-timer at QB and some here would move heaven and earth to trade for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.