News: NFL: Mike McCarthy set to interview in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
It's funny to me how many people in the fan-base have been clamoring for Sean Payton to be here but scoff at the idea of Mike McCarthy, yet, they've lead very similar careers.

McCarthy

Payton
Payton doesn’t own the Cowboys in the Playoffs. Those losses to Gb haunt Cowboys fans. Especially the Millennial Cowboy fan.

johneric8

Reaction score
Mccarthy is huge up grade over the clapper clown we have had I think he would be good for the cowboys
Yes, some of you guys on this forum really do need to chill for a second.. Mike McCarthy is miles better in every aspect of the game than the freckled robotic puppet. If McCarthy
got the Head Coach job I for one would be happy with that because it's a huge upgrade. Would I rather have Urban Meyer? Hell to the YES, and I'm still holding out hope that he
gets an interview. Let's look at this for what it is, Garrett is finally gone and we got a guy like McCarthy getting interviewed whom blows Garrett away.. Heck, give him 3 years to
show something, if not I'm sure we can try again.. I'm sure you all agree, anything but the freckled robotic puppet at this point... Lets all smile and be happy!

Dracula

Reaction score
Jerry's going for the fired retreads because, in his ego driven world, he thinks that he can coach this guys up like he thinks he did with JG. We're screwed.

cowboyec

Reaction score
McCarthy ain't a puppet.
atleast here...he wont have to worry about cry baby rodgers stabbing him in the back.
gonna be fun when we beat rodgers with his old HC.

Reactions: CWR

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I really look at McCarthy in the same fashion that I look at some other guys that spent a long time in one place and then went somewhere else. Andy Reid had worn out his welcome in Philly and looks reinvigorated in KC. Tony Dungy when he was in Tampa and went to Indy. McCarthy seems to have the passion for coaching and has taken the time off to reconsider his whole thinking in regard to football. I think he is the perfect coach for this team right now. I also really expect him to bring in some young minds with him as coordinators. Interview with Peter King they mentioned a play that he saw Dallas run and he said it was brilliant. So keeping a guy like Moore might be something he would do, which follows the typical Dallas setup. Remember it was under his tutelage that the Packers developed their OL scheme where they seem to be able to hold at will and never get called for it. Would love to see that installed here.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCarthy ain't a puppet.
atleast here...he wont have to worry about cry baby rodgers stabbing him in the back.
gonna be fun when we beat rodgers with his old HC.

He's not going to like Prescott.

At least Rodgers is a halfway decent human being.

Fmart322

Reaction score
So were conducting interviews for HC of the Dallas and still haven't heard from Jerry Jones or Stephen Jones about the status of Jason Garrett.
That is the strangest thing i've ever seen from any NFL team, ever.
They should be called the Dallas Dysfunctionals.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So were conducting interviews for HC of the Dallas and still haven't heard from Jerry Jones or Stephen Jones about the status of Jason Garrett.
That is the strangest thing i've ever seen from any NFL team, ever.
They should be called the Dallas Dysfunctionals.

Sure but do you really need them to tell you at this point?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont believe that, the roaster has plenty of talent, that was not ised properly, not pushed, and put in bad situations due to coaching. This roster is ready to compete, with competent leadership!

The talent isn't where we need it. We have overstocked the offense. The better teams built along the DL and secondary. We currently have DLAW and a bunch of JAGS. The LB core is a huge question mark as well. It is not clear at all what LVE will be going forward. Jaylon is a clown and Sean Lee turns 34 over the summer. The defense needs to be rebuilt.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure but do you really need them to tell you at this point?

tenor.gif

superonyx

Reaction score
It's funny to me how many people in the fan-base have been clamoring for Sean Payton to be here but scoff at the idea of Mike McCarthy, yet, they've lead very similar careers.

McCarthy

Payton
Funny or not I want no part of this vanilla personality yes man. 10-6, 10-6, 7-9, 4-7 in his last 4 season while playing in a division that has the Bears, Lions, and Vikings in it.

Nothing is exciting about these retreads. Yes he won a Super Bowl. So did Brian Billick.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if they are interviewing head coaching prospect then surely they have moved on from the clown

Status
Not open for further replies.