News: NFL: Mike McCarthy set to interview in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnday

Reaction score
They don't have to fire Garrett. In 10 days his contract is over and his time in Dallas is done. The Jones don't have to lift a finger (except maybe to call his agent to tell him Garrettj's contract is over).

I even read a tweet in another thread where the Joneses may believe they don't even need to discuss Garrett's status anymore since he's out in 10 days anyway.

I don't know why people continue to think Jerry needs to fire him. It's apparent that after Garrett coaching there for 9 1/2 years Jerry's not going to do that to him.
Somebody needs to discuss with a Garrett about how to pack his **** and leave. He is staying until told otherwise. Jerry needs to man up and tell him to go.

CB61

Reaction score
(hehe... @CB61 I think you may have read that wrong... I'm about as blessed as a guy can be in that way... 55 yr old who would easily pass for 35.)
Okay well I knew I miss something I'm not anywhere as near as blessed as you dude I guarantee that LOL my wife is a Patriots fan

blueblood70

Reaction score
Somebody needs to discuss with a Garrett about how to pack his **** and leave. He is staying until told otherwise. Jerry needs to man up and tell him to go.

hes an employee under contract, why does he need to leave or be fired..

if he wanted it more dignified , he could quit and announce he no longer wanted to coach of the DC and moving onto to better things..

he has this choice..I think Jerry has decided to make this less advertised, just let it lapse and part ways with no circus..

The Circus and drama is being created by Fans, media, and anyone thats have decided to make this their business..

The NFL nor the DC have a policy on how to handle when and how Employees are let go.. just because a lot of teams let coach's go on Monday doesnt make it a rule..its however an owner decides to handle it, is what is happening..

all this talk about clowns and embarrassments is truly a look in the mirror moment for some of you.. Jerry promised us nothing , he isnt under a time crunch nor a breaking any rules.. you guys simply have your feelings hurt and we call that being butthurt..

hows that on Jerry?

relax the interviews were set up and Jerry wasn't missing out on anyone on his short list apparently, totally fooled you guys making this a circus..

ITS NOT PERSONAL..Calm down...……………...:rolleyes:o_O;):):oldcouple::popcorn:

Maverick84

Reaction score
Jerrah is probably going with a coach with NFL experience, when hypothetically questioned about scenarios if Garrett is not retained he said as much, too old to do another inexperienced guy in his 40 year old mind...lol.
lol, love the reference to when he said he had the brain of a 40 year old

bysbox1

Reaction score

It would not surprise me if Garrett gets that information from his agent on January 13th. TBH, I would think it would be more respectful coming from Jerry himself, but it appears Jerry may have his own plan.

And don't be surprised if Jerry has a press conference on January 14th and gives Garrett a send off like he's retired.

Garrett has to know with people coming in for interview anyway.

Last edited:

CB61

Reaction score
(hehe... @CB61 I think you may have read that wrong... I'm about as blessed as a guy can be in that way... 55 yr old who would easily pass for 35.)
I am more blessed than most though I have to look at it that way to keep my sanity LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.